2007 Reward Points Auction (Comic Book Forums)

• 2007 Reward Points Auction

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 16, 2006 9:03:55 pm
  • Well...the last 2006 Auction was a success (at least I think so). The loot is being shipped to all of those that have put a lot of time into the site. For a recap click here.

Now it is time to start planning the 2007 Auction. Right now we will go ahead and pencil it in again for September 1st, 2007. What I need from everyone are their thoughts and suggestions on things to improve, and Items to have.

One thought I have is to start everything at the same "price". So rather than having minimums, start every item at say 500 points or something like that. This way everyone has the chance to participate, and it should make the auction and point earning even more interesting over the next year.

What suggestions do you have to improve the auction, and what suggestions do you have for items that if available would entice you to earn more points?

Last edited October 1, 2007 10:47:24 am
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: September 18, 2006 1:15:57 am
  • So you shipped everything out already?
    That must of cost you a mint. Shocked
    Thank you!!!

I GREATLY look forward to next year's auction!
    I Love the idea of everything starting at 500 points!

Auction Prize Ideas:

1. I would love to see more Variant covers!

2. I'd love to see some collectable Toys/Action-figures! (but I might be alone on that one)

Last edited September 21, 2006 7:50:51 am
  • Posted: September 18, 2006 10:14:23 am
  • you are not alone on the collectable/action figure idea.
    i would mind seing some either.
    more variant covers is also a good idea.
  • Posted: September 21, 2006 6:00:23 am
  • i think the 2006 auction was one of a success!!!!!!!!! i also think starting every thing at 500 points would be better. more toys might keep one eye from bidding on the comics i want, witch give me a better chance. Twisted Evil

i would like to see more horror comics in the next auction.

thanks d.b. for covering the shipping cost, your one of a guy!!!!!!!!
    That's Mr. Comic Book Geek To You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Posted: September 21, 2006 7:35:48 am
  • 5 points? Where did that come from? I was thinking 500 points. To earn 500 points all you have to do is:

1. Refer 2 friends
    2. Donate $5
    3. Submit 50 new covers
    4. Replace 20 old covers
    5. Submit 50 indexes

Surely someone could do that in a year.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: September 21, 2006 7:48:06 am
  • Sorry for the typos above guys... didn't mean to be misleading. Embarassed

I edited them.
  • Posted: September 21, 2006 9:05:21 am
  • yea, i mean 500 points.
    That's Mr. Comic Book Geek To You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Posted: September 21, 2006 9:31:30 am
  • I have not shipped out everything yet. I went to the PO yesterday to get the shipping supplies. My goal this weekend is to get everything boxed up and send it out on Monday.

I appologize for the delay.

• Posted: December 9, 2006 7:42:13 pm
  • Everything is fair game. Let me know what you would like to donate to the auction (PM or E-Mail me).

15 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 74 years, 91 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Whatnot Publishing's Alpha Betas Issue # 1k
  • Titan Comics's Bloodborne: The Bleak Dominion TPB # 1b
  • Seven Seas Entertainment's No Longer Allowed in Another World Soft Cover # 6
  • Marvel Comics's Spider-Boy Issue # 9