There are other countries out there (Comic Book Forums)

• There are other countries out there

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 27, 2012 6:52:10 pm
  • Hi. I'm new to the site but I have found two issues that I would like to report...

A - I would like to inform you that there are more than 14 countries in the world ;).. Could you please add more countries to the profile page since we can only choose from the listed 14. I live in Malta which is a small island in the Mediterranean but the list is missing on a lot of other countries which I am sure have comic readers like myself.

B - I am currently listing the price of the comics I want to sell as a persantage. I noticed that when you check what the other members want to buy from the comics I have for sale ( reports, market, Who wants comics you are selling?) the price of the comic is the value of the persantage (80% is viewed as $80 and not the actual value)

Can you please fix these two problems?

I hope my contribution will help make the site even better.. I do have a few other suggestions if you do not mind but I will leave these for another issue Smile
  • Posted: July 27, 2012 11:00:08 pm
  • 1. Yup there are lots of countries...and I add them when asked. All I need is whatever would make you feel at home. i.e. Country, States/Provence's, Currency, etc.

2. Can you walk me through step by step to see what you are seeing. It is likely a simple change I just need to make.

PS - I have been to Malta and it is a wonderful "little" country.

PSS - Welcome to the Realm!
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: July 28, 2012 8:00:09 am
  • I've been there also and it's very beautiful and friendly.

The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: July 29, 2012 3:18:01 am
  • Hi Guys, first of all thanks for your comments regarding Malta. Yes, we do have a reputation as being a nice and friendly people and that we have a gem of a little island. It's always nice to hear it from people who came to visit and in your cases from so far away. Out of curiosity, what brought you both here... was it a simple vacation? I'm asking since it's a long way to come over from the USA for just a vacation. Myself, I would like to come over one day since I would love to see the grand canyon and go to some Indian reservation since I really like the American Indian culture. Anyway....

As for the % bug, all I did was log in and went to..
    Reports (top menu)
    Market - Who wants what you have and who has what you want.
    Who wants comics you are selling.
    I than clicked on one of the members and viewed his list.

When you see the list the price came to $80 when in fact I had listed my price as 80%

Last thing...

Can you please just add Malta to the countries. I think that's all I need as for my profile.

I cannot belive that none of my friends are members of the site... I will start spread the word as soon as Malta is included.

Take care and keep it up!

John
  • Posted: July 29, 2012 7:45:08 am
  • 1. I have added Malta...let me know if you have any problems.

2. So the price should have been $64 (80%) of $80?

3. I was there for a month in 1999 to help a local missionary distribute literature to Libyans heading home
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: July 29, 2012 9:27:46 am
  • 1) thanks!!!

2) I list all my prices as 80% so the correct amount should be 80% of the amount I entered.

3) OK... cool!! please drop me a note if you ever come this way and I'll treat you to a beer and a packet of Twistees Smile
  • Posted: July 29, 2012 9:32:13 am
  • Well, you can enter a % or fixed price for your ask price...not both. If the value of the comic is $100 you can enter $80, or 80%

• Posted: July 29, 2012 9:40:52 am
  • I never enter a $ price always a %.

Listen, is there a way I can send you a picture attachment to show you??

thx
  • Posted: July 29, 2012 9:50:11 am
  • Sure, doughboy @ comicbookrealm.com

• Posted: October 1, 2012 7:14:43 pm
  • since we're on the subject, I saw that greece is still not one of the options
11 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 73 years, 281 days, 9 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Deadpool & Wolverine: WWIII Issue # 2
  • Marvel Comics's Fantastic Four Issue # 62
  • Viking Books For Young Readers's Jupiter Nettle and the Seven Schools of Magic TPB # 1
  • Viz Media's Rooster Fighter Soft Cover # 6