New Job (Comic Book Forums)

• New Job

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 11, 2012 5:08:26 pm
  • I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be starting a new job here in 2 weeks. My availability might suffer a bit in the short term.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: June 11, 2012 7:02:38 pm
  • Congratz!
  • Posted: June 11, 2012 7:15:26 pm
  • Congrats on the new job!!Very Happy
    Don of the D.E.DImage
  • Posted: June 12, 2012 9:13:54 am
  • Dancing Congrats!!! Applause
    Pick-ups this month
    ?

On the way...
    The Avengers (Vol. 1) #58
    Silver Surfer (Vol. 1) #2
    Crisis on Infinite Earths DC/Wal-Mart 100-pg Giant

Submitted/Back from CGC...
    ?

• Posted: June 12, 2012 10:08:44 am
  • Congrats DB...
    Take note MODS...we'll need to cover for him
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: June 13, 2012 11:03:18 am
  • dough boy said:
    I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be starting a new job here in 2 weeks. My availability might suffer a bit in the short term.

What sort of stuff will you be doing at the new job? I was just moved into a group where we're building web applications via .NET/C# using MVC3 .... then after a few months, I'm moved to a new group where it's Java. Either way, it's better than C++.
  • Posted: June 13, 2012 2:19:35 pm
  • Actually I am changing Employers. I am also going from Dev (LAMP) to BSA (Business Systems Analyst)
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: June 13, 2012 2:31:41 pm
  • dough boy said:
    Actually I am changing Employers. I am also going from Dev (LAMP) to BSA (Business Systems Analyst)

What are the big differences? My title is Programming Analyst but it's basically programming and all the that comes with it .... i.e. filling out test documents, deployment papers, etc. bullshit work.

Are you not going to code anymore?
  • Posted: June 13, 2012 2:35:08 pm
  • Congrats! Applause
  • Posted: June 13, 2012 2:40:59 pm
  • abysslord said:
    What are the big differences? My title is Programming Analyst but it's basically programming and all the that comes with it .... i.e. filling out test documents, deployment papers, etc. bullshit work.

Are you not going to code anymore?
    I might do some coding at the new place, but the bulk of my coding will now be done on my side projects/business.

I will basically work with the client to get their requirements, translate for the developers by including wire frames, logic flow, etc.

26 posts • Page 1 of 3
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 73 years, 281 days, 9 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Fantastic Four Issue # 55
  • Marvel Comics's Miles Morales: Spider-Man Issue # 21b
  • DC Comics's Nightwing TPB # 15
  • DC Comics's Red Hood: The Hill Issue # 5b