Working on my own book (Comic Book Forums)

• Working on my own book

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 5, 2012 11:20:27 pm
  • I have been working on my own book for sometime now. I am in the coloring stage as we speak. I hopefully will be ready to go by next year and start out small at Sac Con, then maybe move up to Wonder Con.
    Don of the D.E.DImage
  • Posted: February 6, 2012 8:42:07 am
  • A horror book? When can you give us more details?
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: February 6, 2012 9:16:58 am
  • I will buy one from you to show my support just let me know when you start selling them. Can you post a pic of the pencil work? I would love to see it through the stages! Very Happy
  • Posted: February 6, 2012 2:33:48 pm
  • i'll pick up 1 or 2 when it's done.
  • Posted: February 6, 2012 8:04:17 pm
  • My book is more like cartoons and not as much comic book art style. I do draw that style as well. I'm not ready to post anything yet. I prefer to wait until i'm completed and post pics of pencils. I also have another story I have done a few pencils sketches for that will be steampunk driven. Sorry about not posting pics until then, I just would rather do it that way. As for horror, it does have monsters in it, with some slightly childish comedy as well. It's very fun! I will more than likely make my start at Sac Con in Sacramento California like I said in my previous post.

Last edited February 6, 2012 8:05:11 pm
    Don of the D.E.DImage
  • Posted: February 6, 2012 8:08:49 pm
  • I hope to post some picks of some recent art of done on my profile soon. They are much better than the ones I have up there now.
    Don of the D.E.DImage
  • Posted: February 6, 2012 10:31:24 pm
  • Just posted some art on a new topic "Here's some of my new art".
    Don of the D.E.DImage
  • Posted: February 19, 2012 11:51:53 am
  • Just finished coloring last night. Gonna go through it one more time and fix any mistakes I made. Then word bubbles and covers to go, then it's off to print. Very exiting!!Very Happy
    Don of the D.E.DImage
  • Posted: March 10, 2012 8:14:18 pm
  • Seems so
    When is an approximate time of release
    what's the nameThink
    The Phantom
    The Ghoust Who Walks
    Man Who Can Not Die
    Guardian Of The Eastern Dark
  • Posted: March 11, 2012 11:18:03 pm
  • More than likely next year. Owe money on other things right now unfortunately. As to the name, I have been keeping things under wraps until I get a copyright. I'm a bit cautious about it. That may seem silly, but it's how I'm approaching it. I can tell you that I will have a page or two of a pic in a new book I will start working on after I get my first one done and in a con or two. Most of the people who go to cons with their books that I have talked to have at least two people or more working on a book. I am doing the whole thing myself. It's more cartoonie than comic style art, but it has been fun to work on. I'm also hoping to have t shirts and stickers as well as some sort of banner when I hit my first convention. It's coming, it just takes a lot of time and work. When I get the copyright , I will unveil the logo.

Last edited March 11, 2012 11:24:08 pm
    Don of the D.E.DImage
14 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 74 years, 91 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Justice League vs Godzilla vs Kong Hard Cover # 1
  • Yearling's Real Pigeons TPB # 2
  • Titan Comics's The Savage Sword of Conan Issue # 3c
  • Marvel Comics's Ultimate X-Men Issue # 2east side-b