Quitting collecting (Comic Book Forums)

• Quitting collecting

Author Discussion
  • Posted: December 5, 2011 12:35:38 am
  • Yes. Unfortunately due to hard economic times, I am forced to quit collecting comics. I will no longer be collecting any new books, instead , when I can, I will be building my Batman collection up. I realized when i made the decision to stop new books, that I was not getting anywhere with back issues. I don't mind too much, not getting new books, imo I believe the older books are superior and will hold more value than some of the newer ones.
    Don of the D.E.DImage
  • Posted: December 5, 2011 5:20:40 am
  • This is a decision I have seen other members make. I hope that it will work out for you.

I believe there are many reasons to do this. I could see my self do it if I lived in the states. The problem is that over here back issues are hard to come by.

Good luck with the hunting. I hope you find some great bargains. Very Happy
    Not collecting any more but I still enjoy comics now and then...
  • Posted: December 5, 2011 11:23:15 am
  • Good luck with your back issue bargain hunting!
  • Posted: December 5, 2011 12:57:25 pm
  • Oh swel! More competition for the first 50 Batman comics!!! d'oh! Wink

Good luck my friend. The back issues are a little tougher and a lot more expensive. The good news is that maybe in another year, I will have my collection all gone over completely and start selling some of my Batman.
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: December 5, 2011 10:38:54 pm
  • Just let me know on those Batman's Spa! Thanks everyone. It's a bummer, but oh well, I have to live first.
    Don of the D.E.DImage
  • Posted: December 6, 2011 11:40:15 am
  • That sucks Don. Don't quit cold turkey. For new issues, cut it down to just Batman, this way you stay current while hunting the back issues. I quit 13 years ago and got back into it 3 years ago. I missed so much and have regretted it since. Especially with variants. You never know when a new character will make it's 1st appearrance in a new Batman and be a hot book down the road and you miss it and pay a ton for it later.
  • Posted: December 6, 2011 3:18:19 pm
  • Yep. I quit slowly............ Now I just buy the occasional TPB and fill in some of the gaps in my Titans comics.

If I start hunting for Silver Age stuff, it'll all be Teen Titans, but I'm a bit poor to start doing that yet.
    Currently Reading:
    Graphic Novels: Nightwing (90s series), Lumberjanes
    Regular Novels: Chronicles of Prydain

Add me on Goodreads
  • Posted: December 6, 2011 10:12:54 pm
  • Right there with ya Matt!!
    Don of the D.E.DImage
  • Posted: December 11, 2011 7:18:54 pm
  • To Tangled: Unfortunately due to things beyond my control, I must quit collecting new books period. Not too big a deal for me. I'm also not worried about new first appearances in new books, when IMO first appearances in the older books are better. Also IMO I strongly believe that the older books are far superior than the new. Older ones are much more historical to me.
    Don of the D.E.DImage
18 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 74 years, 91 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Avengers Issue # 16d
  • Marvel Comics's Star Wars: Ahsoka Issue # 1
  • IDW Publishing's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Saturday Morning Adventures - Continued  Issue # 15b
  • Kodansha Comics's When Will Ayumu Make His Move? Soft Cover # 16