Anyone reading any books besides comics? (Comic Book Forums)

• Anyone reading any books besides comics?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 30, 2011 12:13:14 pm
  • I just picked up Forgotten Realms Neverwinter book 2. If any of you are familiar with the character Drizzt Do' Urden, this book will not disappoint This character's storyline has been going on since 1988. I've read every single book in the series and highly recommend it to any fantasy reader. R.A Salvatore is the writer and he has a way of putting you in the battles and stories of the characters. One of my favorite writers.
    Don of the D.E.DImage
  • Posted: October 30, 2011 2:28:26 pm
  • Familiar with Drizzt, but never actually read any of his stories. I think I remember playing as him in a few fantasy games over the years.

Currently, non-comic-wise......... I'm reading Flight of the Nighthawks by Raymond E Feist and Star Trek/X-Men

After I've finished those, I have 4 more Raymond E Feist books and an Artemis Fowl one to read...

After those.............. I'll probably move onto a Neil Gaiman novel, and the complete Sherlock Holmes is also waiting for me.... as well as about 2 dozen other books that I haven't had a chance to get to because of study. My final exam in on Thursday so I'll be FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE to read more for leisure.
    Currently Reading:
    Graphic Novels: Nightwing (90s series), Lumberjanes
    Regular Novels: Chronicles of Prydain

Add me on Goodreads
  • Posted: November 24, 2011 2:26:44 pm
  • reading the harry potter books to my son at bedtime. up to goblet of fire now.
    You build your collection one book at a time and day by day it seem to stay the same. Then one day KA BLAM it gotten out of control. Thanks mom I love you.

" I'm not insane, my mom had me tested." Sheldon BIG BANG THEORY
    " Holy on a CRACKER" Pennie BIG BANG THEORY

http://www.comixcon.com/
    http://www.kenmore-komics.com/
  • Posted: November 24, 2011 9:14:51 pm
  • I am reading Kate Elliott's Crown of Stars Series (up to book 2) as well as a biography of Julius Caesar by Philip Freeman (not as detailed as Adrian Goldsworthy's biography but still really good)
  • Posted: December 27, 2011 12:07:27 am
  • tt_cook1963 said:
    reading the harry potter books to my son at bedtime. up to goblet of fire now.

Commendable I just started; Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, is goood!!!!
    What's yours is mine, what's mine is mine Too. If you shake my hand better count your fingers!

• Posted: December 27, 2011 10:14:02 am
  • just started the George R.R. Martin books starting with "A Game of Thorns". many have called his works some of the best fantasy that has ever been written and claiming him to be the next Tolkien. so far so good...
  • Posted: December 27, 2011 10:52:03 am
  • Reading "The Blood" by Luis R. Garcia. His second book and this one is great, reminds me of Tom Clancy.

Incidentally he is a family friend and my attorney. Think
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: January 10, 2012 12:07:22 am
  • im on some Isaac Asimov books there really detailed and im on caves of steel which has the film irobot based on it
    The Phantom
    The Ghoust Who Walks
    Man Who Can Not Die
    Guardian Of The Eastern Dark
  • Posted: January 10, 2012 7:47:53 am
  • jkseb1972 said:
    just started the George R.R. Martin books starting with "A Game of Thorns". many have called his works some of the best fantasy that has ever been written and claiming him to be the next Tolkien. so far so good...

The first three books are fantastic, but I'm waiting until he finishes all of the books before reading any more. I can't wait 5-6 years between novels. I don't know if he'll ever finish this saga, hopefully it's not another Robert Jordan.

I used to read about a novel a week, but now it's down to maybe a novel a month. But I read a lot of books, mostly fantasty/sci-fi and horror. Just finished Stephen King's "11/22/63", I collect/read all of King's stuff. Book wasn't bad, but as usual with current King, it was about 200 pages too long.

I STRONGLY recommend Joe Abercrombie's "First Law" series if you like fantasy. He takes the typical fantasy cliches and turns them on their head. I find myself almost wanting to reread these books and that hardly ever happens.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_8?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=joe+abercrombie%27s+first+law+series&sprefix=joe+aber

There are 3 books but if I remember right you can stop after any. Then he wrote a stand-alone in the same world, and now another stand-alone is out.
  • Posted: January 11, 2012 2:12:45 pm
  • Spa-fon said:
    Reading "The Blood" by Luis R. Garcia. His second book and this one is great, reminds me of Tom Clancy.

Incidentally he is a family friend and my attorney. Think

Actually his pen name is LG Rivera. d'oh!
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
24 posts • Page 1 of 3
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 73 years, 281 days, 9 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Deadpool Issue # 3d
  • Z2 Comics's Ibaraki and Friends Hard Cover # 1
  • Kodansha Comics's Peach Boy Riverside Soft Cover # 14
  • Marvel Comics's Uncanny Spider-Man TPB # 1