Invasive Ads (Comic Book Forums)

• Invasive Ads

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 1, 2011 3:33:05 pm
  • i know i saw a thread for this type of comment somewhere but i am a little lazy right now to look for it d'oh!

I keep getting hit with a Toshiba ad that pops up over everything i am doing and forces me to have to close it and it ends up crashing my internet (using google chrome)

just thought this was a good place to whine Laughing
  • Posted: September 1, 2011 5:38:28 pm
  • You should only get it once per browser session.

I got it once earlier today and have not had it again. Are you closing your browser a lot and then coming back to the site?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: September 1, 2011 9:04:12 pm
  • well the reason it probably kept coming up was that every time my browser crashed, i restored my session..so that makes sense if it is once per session because technically i was in the same session Brick wall thanks for the info
  • Posted: September 1, 2011 9:19:05 pm
  • What browser are you using?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: September 1, 2011 10:05:06 pm
  • google chrome of course Cool ...but the ad is what made my browser crash when it was trying to load

so the last time i restored the browser i clicked the close button before it could attempt to load up the add Laughing problem solved
  • Posted: September 2, 2011 6:07:49 am
  • Hmmm...that is weird as I rock the chrome too but haven't had the problem.

• Posted: September 2, 2011 1:51:09 pm
  • this ad is really me off now Laughing everytime i open up CBR this is still the only ad i get and it is so annoying.
  • Posted: September 2, 2011 1:53:01 pm
  • Don't close CBR Smile

Like I said it is once per browser session. I haven't had it since this morning. I have contacted the ad network to see if they can investigate why it is failing in chrome.

• Posted: January 9, 2012 8:05:10 pm
  • If it still happens get that ad banded on cbr
    The Phantom
    The Ghoust Who Walks
    Man Who Can Not Die
    Guardian Of The Eastern Dark
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 74 years, 91 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • MAX Comics's Get Fury Issue # 3
  • Image Comics's Image Firsts: Astro City Issue # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Kid Venom Issue # 1d
  • Marvel Comics's Midnight Sons: Blood Hunt Issue # 1 - 2nd print