Who's going to Wonder Con (Comic Book Forums)

• Who's going to Wonder-Con

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 28, 2011 10:03:59 am
  • Just wanted to see how many of you guys will be in San Francisco for Wonder-Con this year.This weekend is going to be super fun!
    Don of the D.E.DImage
  • Posted: March 28, 2011 8:36:43 pm
  • Don of the DED said:
    Just wanted to see how many of you guys will be in San Francisco for Wonder-Con this year.This weekend is going to be super fun!

I'll be there, I'd love to meet you, Don. PM me, I can send you my cell #
  • Posted: March 29, 2011 1:32:20 pm
  • WonderCon Program (grid style) is here:

http://www.comic-con.org/wc/forms/wc11prog_grid.pdf

Here's what I'm interested in (subject to change as I get pulled into conversations on the show floor):

Friday
    http://www.comic-con.org/wc/wc11_prog_fri.php
    1-2pm Rm 103 DC Nation
    2-3:30pm Rm 220 That 70's Panel (Mike Friedrich, Len Wein, Marv Wolfman, Paul Levitz)
    4:30-5:30 Rm 104 IDW panel
    5:30-6:30 Rm 254/256 Jason Aaron

Saturday
    http://www.comic-con.org/wc/wc11_prog_sat.php
    12-1pm Rm 236 Aspen Comics
    1-2pm Rm 220 Sergio & Mark Show (This panel is often full, if I can't get in I'll hop over to:
    12:30-2pm Rm 254/256 CBLDF Art Jam
    2-3pm Rm 104 ImageComics
    3-4pm Rm 254/256 Boom! Studios (may sneak out of Boom! for the Marvel panel @ 3:30)
    3:30-4:30pm Rm 103 Cup O'Joe panel
    12-1pm Rm 236 Aspen Comics
    5-6pm Rm 236 Oni Press

Sunday
    http://www.comic-con.org/wc/wc11_prog_sun.php
    11:30-12:30pm Rm 254/256 Avatar Press
    12:30-2pm Rm 104 The Art of the Cover - Adam Hughes, Frank Quitely, Amy Reeder, Bill Sienkiewicz, Francis Manapul
  • Posted: March 29, 2011 2:27:34 pm
  • Sounds pretty good......... and here I am stuck with Armageddon
    Currently Reading:
    Graphic Novels: Nightwing (90s series), Lumberjanes
    Regular Novels: Chronicles of Prydain

Add me on Goodreads
  • Posted: April 2, 2011 12:46:18 pm
  • Man the con was a blast even though I only got to go for one day! Met Elvira( she's still got it) IMO. Saw from here at CBR, and talked to Tim Vigil as well. Lots of fun!! Unfortunately I did'nt get to meet with Bob, sorry about that. I will post some pics soon!!
    Don of the D.E.DImage
  • Posted: April 4, 2011 7:06:52 am
  • Sounds like a nice trip. I am hoping to get chances to visit several of the major cons in the future. You can probably figure out which one is at the top of my list.
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: April 4, 2011 10:38:16 am
  • Had a great time at the Con......too bad we never managed to sync up, Don.

Boy, was it CROWDED! Seemed more crowded than San Diego on the show floor. Since they sold out (which means they sold as many tickets as the fire code would allow) it WAS as crowded (proportional to the space) as San Diego, which also sells out, AND since there are way fewer panels for people to be in at any given time, I think more people are crowding the show floor at WonderCon at any given point in time than San Diego.

Yesterday was the MOST CROWDED SUNDAY of any Con I've ever been at. The aisles were just as crowded as Saturday.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 74 years, 91 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Mad Cave Studios's A Legacy of Violence TPB # 3
  • Ahoy Comics's Deadweights Issue # 1b
  • DC Comics's From The DC Vault: Death in the Family - Robin Lives Issue # 1b
  • Udon Entertainment's Tankhead: Mechanical Encyclopedia - Artbook Hard Cover # 1