New TPB "Feature" (Comic Book Forums)

• New TPB "Feature"

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 20, 2011 3:14:59 pm
  • This has been requested before and has now been added.

Now whenever you index an issue that is collected by another book (i.e. HC, TPB, etc) all of the "collecting" books will update their information to include whatever you just added. The only thing it will not do is update the cover artist...that has to be manually set in the collecting book.

Also, whenever you index a TPB or HC to indicate what it collects, the system will then pull in all of the information from the books you indicated.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: March 20, 2011 3:31:29 pm
  • wow that is great!! thanks DB Applause
  • Posted: March 20, 2011 3:48:47 pm
  • Kudos, DB! ApplauseApplause
    Pick-ups this month
    ?

On the way...
    The Avengers (Vol. 1) #58
    Silver Surfer (Vol. 1) #2
    Crisis on Infinite Earths DC/Wal-Mart 100-pg Giant

Submitted/Back from CGC...
    ?

• Posted: March 20, 2011 4:46:13 pm
  • Nice feature add DB. Give yourself a nice raise!! Hmmmm, oh well here's to you ApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplause
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: March 21, 2011 9:48:17 am
  • DB you always on the move

All Hail DB

You build your collection one book at a time and day by day it seem to stay the same. Then one day KA BLAM it gotten out of control. Thanks mom I love you.

" I'm not insane, my mom had me tested." Sheldon BIG BANG THEORY
    " Holy on a CRACKER" Pennie BIG BANG THEORY

http://www.comixcon.com/
    http://www.kenmore-komics.com/
  • Posted: March 21, 2011 11:56:53 am
  • I have been thoroughly enjoying this feature Applause ....now is it possible to do this for variants as well? I know there is that clone feature so this is not that big of a deal as the TPBs
  • Posted: March 21, 2011 12:00:43 pm
  • This would be a tall order. Part of the problem is we just flag an issue as a variant...not what it is a variant of.

Although I can definitely see the benefit it might take a while before I can figure out an elegant way to link 2 issues together.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: March 21, 2011 12:03:48 pm
  • Like I said though it is not that big of a deal if you cannot because cloning takes an instant...but I appreciate this new feature a lot!
  • Posted: March 21, 2011 5:02:12 pm
  • Ok...I started working on this part of it. You should now be able to set what actual issue it is a variant of instead of just flagging it as a variant.

This will eventually enable the following when you index an issue that has variants:

The contributors (minus cover artist) and characters will auto index as well
    Reviews might actually be left with the primary book, but "apply" to the variants
    Allow users to "collapse" variants in the list

As with anything, please let me know if you run into any issues.

• Posted: March 21, 2011 5:24:19 pm
  • ApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplause

Awesome
14 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 74 years, 91 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Oni Press's Cult of the Lamb Issue # 2d
  • Image Comics's Falling in Love on the Path to Hell Issue # 2
  • Titan Comics's Witch of Thistle Castle Soft Cover # 4
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine: Blood Hunt Issue # 3