Adoption Envelope Round #2 (Comic Book Forums)

• Adoption Envelope Round #2

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 25, 2011 3:53:02 pm
  • By all accounts the last round was a success - read more here: http://comicbookrealm.com/topic/2/11305

I have had interest from people who didn't get to participate last time and from some who participated last time but wanted to do it again.

The rules will be the same. If you are in the US it is $20 for one envelope, and $17.50 for each additional (shipping is included). If you are outside the US it is $15 per envelope plus whatever method you decide you want to pay shipping for.

Each envelope will contain one silver age comic and 4 additional comics. You can see what people got the last time at the link above.

In order for this round to happen I need to have commitments and payments (once all 50 have been spoken for) for 50 envelopes. I do have everything ready to assemble so there will not be the delay there was the last time.

To start everything off on a clean slate, at this time there are 50 available. Please PM me with the number you want and I will mark you down for them. Once you have sent your PM please respond to this topic letting me know.

For those inquiring about the adoption in general we recently chose our agency, and actually yesterday received the packet to start filling out. You can follow along as my wife blogs about it here: http://growingfamilythroughadoption.blogspot.com/

Thank you everyone for your continued support and prayers as we expand our family!
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: January 25, 2011 4:08:55 pm
  • I'm down for 5.
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: January 25, 2011 4:27:56 pm
  • PM'ed for 2...
    Pick-ups this month
    ?

On the way...
    The Avengers (Vol. 1) #58
    Silver Surfer (Vol. 1) #2
    Crisis on Infinite Earths DC/Wal-Mart 100-pg Giant

Submitted/Back from CGC...
    ?

• Posted: January 25, 2011 5:13:45 pm
  • What the I am all about helping children in need Put me down for 6
  • Posted: January 25, 2011 6:04:00 pm
  • i will take at least 3.
  • Posted: January 26, 2011 6:15:19 am
  • 5 for me please.
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: January 26, 2011 4:53:35 pm
  • I'll do 5 again Dough Boy. Thanks for the blog spot to follow along ... good luck with it.
  • Posted: January 26, 2011 10:50:09 pm
  • I am a complete rookie when it comes to comics. The only comics I have read are Amazing Spider-Man and i started that about 2 weeks ago. I was wondering if i buy an envelope if you could take this into consideration that i am new to comics.
    Is it at all possible to get comics that require no back-knowledge of events and characters? maybe a bunch of one-shots, mini-series, or series starters? Something like that? I just do not want to pick it up and have no idea what they are talking about
  • Posted: January 27, 2011 7:54:18 am
  • puinno said:
    I am a complete rookie when it comes to comics. The only comics I have read are Amazing Spider-Man and i started that about 2 weeks ago. I was wondering if i buy an envelope if you could take this into consideration that i am new to comics.Is it at all possible to get comics that require no back-knowledge of events and characters? maybe a bunch of one-shots, mini-series, or series starters? Something like that? I just do not want to pick it up and have no idea what they are talking about
    It is not really possible. I make them up before hand and while some might have a "self contained" arc, there is no guarantee of it.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: January 27, 2011 7:55:22 am
  • PM sent, I'm down for one again. Wish I could afford more, but one is all I can do for now.
    ~sporterX
43 posts • Page 1 of 5
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 74 years, 91 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Dark Horse Comics's Borealis Hard Cover # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Fantastic Four Issue # 118
  • Oni Press's Rick and Morty TPB # 2
  • IDW Publishing's Star Trek Annual # 2024c