New "Sell List" and editing view (Comic Book Forums)

• New "Sell List" and editing view

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 10, 2010 10:32:34 am
  • I know there will be some things I need to do to clean up (i.e. how the sell system pulls), but for now you should be able to add an issue to your collection and at the same time set an ask price (which would eventually show up on the sales list).

In addition I streamlined (at least in my mind) how the editing of a pile works. You only edit items you choose to, saving system load and preventing mistakes.

Please check it out and let me know things that I might have overlooked...remember it is a big system.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: September 10, 2010 12:33:47 pm
  • you are the man. DancingApplause however i dont see the asking price when adding a comic to your collection. i see you can edit it once it is in there but not when adding.
  • Posted: September 10, 2010 12:40:51 pm
  • Still click on sell list when adding.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: September 10, 2010 12:48:44 pm
  • oh ok i see what your talking about now. on a side note, is there going to be a way to see everything on the sell list like how the want list is?
  • Posted: September 10, 2010 1:33:45 pm
  • You mean with a cover scan?

I am going to make a new sell list that will basically just filter your collection for for sale items, but that was all I was going to do.

• Posted: September 10, 2010 1:42:26 pm
  • yea thats all i meant. no scans needed. your on point my man.
  • Posted: September 13, 2010 2:40:37 pm
  • DB-
    I think you are working on the site today...
    I was going to add 100+ issues. Is it safe to add today or should I wait until updates are complete?
    Thanks for all your work.
  • Posted: September 13, 2010 2:44:51 pm
  • I actually think I have just finished with everything.

Since you have data to input can you do a few to make sure that everything is working correctly?

• Posted: September 13, 2010 3:08:02 pm
  • Sure.
    Starting soon.
    I'll let you know if I have issues or questions.
  • Posted: September 13, 2010 9:02:18 pm
  • I've begun the evenings entries.
    Everything seems to work well.
    Right now I'm trying to build muscle memory of the system.
    If I had an initial suggestion it would be....
    Do away with the SELL option in the Add To drop down menu.
    Given that one must chose a Collection Pile to put them in, the natural inclination is to pick Collection, thereby offering no option to list to sell.
    Instead why not just add the sell price field elsewhere. If an amount is entered, it auto-moves to be included in the SELL pile.
    I'm not sure if I explained well enough, but what I imagine would smooth transitions to and from the SELL feature.
19 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 74 years, 91 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Avengers Issue # 16
  • Image Comics's Geiger Issue # 4
  • Marvel Comics's Marvel Masterworks: Avengers Hard Cover # 23
  • Marvel Comics's Star Wars: Ahsoka Issue # 1e