Penny for your thoughts (Comic Book Forums)

• Penny for your thoughts

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 24, 2010 9:08:38 pm
  • Well not really.

Would there be any interest in storing custom cover images? I.e. yes we have a lot of images, but would people like the ability to store their own image for them to see. Say you scan or take a photo of a comic...it would show instead of the default one?

This would have to be a premium add on (even above and beyond Lifetime Memberships)...but I am curious how many would like this ability? I was thinking it would be cool to upload a pic of a CGC'd book, or a scan of a signed comic, etc. Actually I am so that I would probably do this for just about every comic I had.

If you are interested in this how would you like it to work? Could you add multiple images to a comic? Maybe you have 2 versions of a comic, one signed one not. What do you think the cost should be for this? I do have a cost that I would incur so I would have to cover it, but it would basically be a fee per GB per year or possibly a flat fee for unlimited storage.

Thoughts?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: August 24, 2010 9:18:28 pm
  • IF I had tha books I HAD B4 MOST were stolen...I MIGHT have used that option.My collection right now isn't what it use to be BUT Im slowly getting it back up there
  • Posted: August 24, 2010 10:18:03 pm
  • Great idea, D.B., I'm sold.Smile How does $10 or $15 a year sound?

Last edited August 24, 2010 10:19:38 pm
    Pick-ups this month
    ?

On the way...
    The Avengers (Vol. 1) #58
    Silver Surfer (Vol. 1) #2
    Crisis on Infinite Earths DC/Wal-Mart 100-pg Giant

Submitted/Back from CGC...
    ?

• Posted: August 25, 2010 3:30:33 am
  • To be honest I for one would not be interested in this feature. Most of my books are not really that different from the pictures already in the database. I can see how this could be relevant for collectors with a lot of silver and golden age books where grade is of a bigger importance.

Just my 2c.
    Not collecting any more but I still enjoy comics now and then...
  • Posted: August 25, 2010 7:16:59 am
  • bookwoim2 said:
    Great idea, D.B., I'm sold.Smile How does $10 or $15 a year sound?

Are you thinking $10 or $15 per GB or unlimited? I did some price comparison and flickr is $25 for unlimited (not saying I have to match them). I was also thinking of giving a discount for Lifetime Members.

I guess even though I can do it I don't want to devote time/resources to it if there is not a lot of interest...I might make it a back burner project.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: August 25, 2010 8:44:42 am
  • At this point this feature wouldn't intrest me. But I can see where it would be handy if you want to sell your books, you could have photo's of your books right here for the buyer to check out condition and what not.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: August 25, 2010 1:45:43 pm
  • yeah, i don't see me using this feature.
    i'm happy with the way it is.
  • Posted: August 25, 2010 2:58:45 pm
  • I probably would not use it either. Once my inventory is complete (2020?) I'll probably store scans and images for later reference on DVDs at home.
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: August 25, 2010 3:10:23 pm
  • 2020 DVD's will be obsolete Smile Wink
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

15 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 74 years, 91 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Daredevil Issue # 11b
  • No Publisher Listed's Generous Margins Issue nn
  • Marvel Comics's The Ultimates Issue # 2diamond/sdcc
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Comics: X-Men Issue # 11b