feature requests

What is the best way to sell my comics? (Comic Book Forums)

• What is the best way to sell my comics?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 27, 2007 7:32:09 pm
  • i just recently went through all my comics i have had saved for years in my closet and inserted them into a list on this site. i have over 250 comics and it says they are worth around $1,500. i am new to this site and am actually new to the whole "selling" comics as well and would like to know if anyone knows the best way i should try to sell them in one shot or if there is anyone here who would be interested in buying the whole lot for a reasonable price.

thanks

-mike-
  • Posted: October 27, 2007 7:37:55 pm
  • Well, there's eBay, but it isn't what it used to be regarding the "selling comics" department, but still I viable way.

There's also here! You could share your list with us and who knows, maybe you have something someone around here's looking for.
  • Posted: October 27, 2007 7:40:55 pm
  • how do i do that (share my comics)?... sorry new here like i said
  • Posted: October 27, 2007 7:51:28 pm
  • Here strikes lazytism!

[quote:1de8ea99c2="jkoswald"][...] to share your piles....go into your collection....right below the search bar...right about your pile list....there are 3 links...pile stats..manage..export.......click on the manage link....then click on the pencil icon (just like the icon for adding information to issues) and there you can change your pile to be shared....you have to do that for every pile you want to share[/quote:1de8ea99c2]

That will surely do. =)
  • Posted: October 27, 2007 8:38:33 pm
  • thanks... wasn't being lazy just didn't know i had to make a whole new pile to share. i just wanted to share my original master pile and was having trouble figuring out how to do that. anyways i made a pile called "my comics" and transfered all of them there and put down i want to share them.

sorry if sounding dumb, but do i need to do anything else for others to look at them?
  • Posted: October 27, 2007 9:31:41 pm
  • the link that you posted will only work for yourself....here is the link that will work for everyone else to see your pile

http://www.mycomicpile.com/view_collection.php?user=mmather3478

but you still have to go into your piles and edit them so that they can be shared....click on collectiong....then click on manage (which is right next to pile stats)...then click on the pencil icon next to each of your piles and change them to "share"
    http://comicbookrealm.com/jkoswald/collection check out my collection...selling everything (piles labeled "for sale" only) at 20% of value (80% off)...check my forum posting in the selling section for details
  • Posted: October 27, 2007 10:07:53 pm
  • I have 1 pile with all my comics in them... I've clicked on the pencil and when it asks me to name the pile, it also asks if I want to share... I click yes every time.... I don't know why it wont share them?
  • Posted: October 28, 2007 12:09:46 am
  • i assume you are then clicking on the save icon (the floppy disk picture).....if you are....then...i dont know what else is wrong
    http://comicbookrealm.com/jkoswald/collection check out my collection...selling everything (piles labeled "for sale" only) at 20% of value (80% off)...check my forum posting in the selling section for details
  • Posted: October 28, 2007 6:10:14 am
  • You must also check off to share your overall collection (inside your preferences where you edit your contact info, etc). This will enable your whole collection to be shared (including your Master Pile). You then would have to share each pile separately.

This is in the instructions as well...or at least it should be.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
15 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 54 years, 13 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Black Cat Annual # 1d
  • Image Comics's Hit-Girl Issue # 10c
  • DC Comics's Justice League: Odyssey Issue # 15
  • Dark Horse Comics's Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare Hard Cover # 3