feature requests

Selling a $60K+ collection (Comic Book Forums)

• Selling a $60K+ collection

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 8, 2021 11:55:04 pm
  • Yes, I spent way too much on comics over the past few years and now we are preparing for a move overseas so I am considering selling it all at a discount. My preference is to sell all at once so first consideration will probably go to an investor or someone that has time to work/flip these books. I've never pressed a book or sent a raw book off to get graded so lots of potential here. Also, CBR has some ridiculously low prices on keys (especially my Star Wars keys!). I am not an expert at grading so when I entered each book, I chose a "minimum possible grade" to make sure nobody would be displeased with my grading. For example, most anything NM is simply graded a 9.0 and anything with an obvious spine tick or other blemishes immediately got entered as a 7 or an 8. Lower grades are also minimums. I also have several long boxes to add to my pile but I think I've got most of the keys and popular runs entered so I may just give those away with the collection as bonus. Highlights of the collection include lots of Amazing Spider-Man, ASM 34-60, ASM 129, ASM 300, Daredevil 1-50 almost complete run, Hulk 181, Nyx complete run, Uncanny X-Men, Iron Man 1, Submariner 1, She Hulk 1, Black Panther 1, WWBN 32, Captain America 100, Avengers 4, and lots more I can't keep track of right now. Anyways, I am not sure that this is the right forum to find a buyer but I thought I would test the waters and see what feedback I might get. thanks for looking! edit: msg me for a spreadsheet list; this interface for viewing others' collections is kind of a mess

Last edited February 9, 2021 1:20:14 pm
  • Posted: February 9, 2021 11:31:11 am
  • Please explain how our pricing is "Ridiculously Low" on books, i dont see any messages from you in the Price Check forum....

and on another note, putting down the site you are trying to use to "sell" books, is definitely not the way to go lol...

Last edited February 9, 2021 11:32:25 am
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: February 9, 2021 12:35:46 pm
  • Sorry I should have said "still" ridiculously low as it takes time for values on any site to update. I didn't mean it in a bad way. Even other sites like gocollect, etc. will need time for recent sales to get recorded and updated. This is happening across the board with Star Wars comics at the moment and several other hot books. Here are some examples from my collection:

Mace Windu: reported CBR value $95, eBay sold prices consistently +$300
    ASM 9.4 cgc reported value $600, eBay sold prices consistently around $1,200
    Hulk 181 7.0 cgc reported value $1,870, eBay sold prices at $3,400
    Darth Maul 2 NM - $3.80, ebay sold $60+
    Star Wars 42 cgc 9.6 reported value $330, eBay sold prices avg $900+

CBR is a great site and a great tool, I am just pointing out to potential buyers that there are steals in the valuation of this collection due to timing/fluctuation of values. Thx

Last edited February 9, 2021 12:44:18 pm
  • Posted: February 9, 2021 1:01:14 pm
  • Ah. Our pricing is displayed in RAW pricing in the stated grade. It currently does not display the value of CGC graded comics. They are two different things.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: February 9, 2021 1:21:02 pm
  • good to know - another selling point for some of my books! I think only around 20 of my books are graded and the rest are raw. thanks!

Last edited February 9, 2021 1:21:43 pm
  • Posted: February 9, 2021 1:26:28 pm
  • We do have a CGC Analyzer on the horizon that will be able to provide "real-time" (within a day) data and analysis based on realized sales.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: March 1, 2021 9:37:48 pm
  • 221Comics said:
    Still available? Email some details to twotwenty_one@yahoo.com
    Hope you have better luck then I did. I pm’d the day after the post, showing interest and asked a few questions. No reply.
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Whatnot Publishing's Assassins Creed: The Fall Issue # 1b
  • Pizz Publications's Christ on a Crutch Issue nn
  • First Second Books's What Happens Next? TPB # 2
  • Kodansha Comics's Yuri is My Job Soft Cover # 12