feature requests

fs amazing spider man #161 beautiful punisher nightcrawler jigsaw (Comic Book Forums)

• fs amazing spider-man #161 beautiful punisher nightcrawler jigsaw

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 19, 2019 8:23:22 pm
  • wow i didnt think it would be this hard to sell stuff on here...
    even at my cheap prices..... anyhow im open to offers if you buy 2 or more items.
    and no extra ship cost.

i can edit the items and set it up for your offer. or make a deal off ebay thru paypal.
  • Posted: August 19, 2019 9:15:20 pm
  • I saw your responses on the ones posted here, and wanted to at least give a little constructive criticism if it helps at all.
    They are some nice books and at great prices without a doubt.
    There may be a few factors in why they are not moving quickly.

1. A chunk of the photos are blurry. When condition counts, people may be apt to just move on if they can't determine.

2. One of the books was listed as a 9.4 (or 9.6) but in the description you mention spine ticks, and that is going to shoot that grade on down for that alone.

3. No returns are available on any of the items. If the 9.6 gets to the buyer and it is a 7.5 or an 8.0, they are up the creek.

4. The shipping is really high, but saw thati you would offer free shipping if at least 2 items are purchased, so that does help.

5. It is a Monday. If a big segment of people get paid on a Friday...they may not have the dough to shell out for some books like these on a Monday. If you want to move something a little faster, having listings end on the weekend may help you better.

Anyway, I hope this wasn't misconstrued, as it was an effort to give you more insight on the buyers eyes.

People want to know. How can I live like this? The risks? The times I've descended into madness? The times I've died? How can I live like this? How could I live any other way?
  • Posted: August 19, 2019 9:56:38 pm
  • this shipping is not high. im not usps its canada post. there are not very many options when shipping out of country. and its a minimum $12 just within my city to ship express post tracked and insured. im actually losing money at 26 shipping to usa. its atleast 30+ just for border states and 35+ farther away.

i ship in mylar, comic mailer and bubble mailer. theres a few bucks right there as well. ticks on the spine is perfectly fine for nm 9.4 its creases that matter and folded corners that make a huge dif in grades.

i only have a cel phone for pics so it can have a glare from the sun or light. thus why i posted alot of pics and generally only 1 pic is blurry a bit on the tops of it.
  • Posted: August 19, 2019 9:59:52 pm
  • the listings end on friday. i have 20 yrs ebay exp so i know how to use it to my advantage. also 5 days or 7 days the listing is free. 1 or 3 is not.

my 9.4 grade at worst would be a 9.2 not way down like you say. 40 yrs experience in the industry. since 1980s.as a real collector
  • Posted: August 20, 2019 1:56:10 pm
  • No worries and I meant no offense either.
    I saw the copy/paste messages on the different posts here about the items not selling and responded to that, after doing a quick ebay check on the books and a few of the specifics.
    I didn't check selling history, or when the items were ending. The comment you initially left here came across as trying to get the books moved a little quicker and thought maybe getting them to end on the weekend may help.
    I hadn't sold anything on ebay in years, but remember the 7 day, and 3 day fees/no fees still. So if they are already ending on the weekend with the 7 days in place, you already are on top of it.
    That does kind of suck about the cost of shipping there. I have made some purchases from Canadian sellers, and do remember the shipping costs being higher like so. I will say I am envious of the free health care though lol. I would gladly pay more postage in exchange for that.
    As far as the blurred photos, completely understand with having a phone as the source. The couple that I checked to look at more closely happened to be front cover shots. To most buyers, they will see a red flag and pass it up, especially if no returns are allowed.
    Yeah the spine ticks. It may have come across a little different than what was posted. I didn't say "way" down, but it would knock a 9.4 or a 9.6 down that was described for sure.
    Anyways, I saw that you might have been new here and was really trying to help, not realizing you were a seasoned ebay seller.
    I wish you luck and will definitely pass the links on to anyone I know that may be interested in the books you have up.
    People want to know. How can I live like this? The risks? The times I've descended into madness? The times I've died? How can I live like this? How could I live any other way?
  • Posted: August 20, 2019 3:31:21 pm
  • the book in question with the blur is strange tales 181...but it has other pics so you can see without the blur. just as marvel premiere 25 has a very slight blur on top left corner. spider-man pics are perfect. i use lg g4 16mp (if i recall it right)cam phone. and as always someone can request a photo.

the wolverine #1 is the one with the ticks. i priced it low accordingly. as it is rather cheap. at worst it would be 9.2

i dont have the exp selling here on this site..but i did have another account before. thoough only sold like 2 books. its like anything i guess..more views than purchases. i just dont have the ebay watchers. since im not a store/dealer and dont have a collection for sale. only pieces here and there.

Last edited August 20, 2019 3:37:46 pm
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 54 years, 33 days, 19 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Allegiance TPB # 1c
  • BOOM! Studios's Something is Killing the Children Issue # 2 - 3rd print
  • Udon Entertainment's Spyborgs Issue # 0
  • Skymap Comics's Star Power TPB # 2