feature requests

Somebody's Going to HE Double Toothpicks! (Comic Book Forums)

• Somebody's Going to HE Double Toothpicks!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 14, 2019 7:17:51 pm
  • This weekend sees the Third Iteration of a flick starring Hellboy to hit the big screens, and this seems particularly apropos given the results of the Masters Championship earlier today (you know, as in, Tiger will never win another one until . . . . ).
    True confession time - I am not and never have been a fan of Hellboy. As much as I admire the artwork of Mike Mignola I could never get behind the character (and, in the day, I was buying so many issues every month I could not afford to squeeze in another). One comic I was buying at the time, however, was the eponymous John Byrne's Next Men (Yes, that is right, he drew both the X-Men and the Next Men at various times). Since I was buying and reading and carefully putting away those issues I happened to pick up issue #21 guest starring a certain Boy of , featuring some great art by Mignola. Since 1993 it has been sitting sealed inside a mayonnaise jar and kept under Funk and Wagnalls porch. NO ONE knew what was inside that jar, but you, in your borderline divine manner will now be able to place a bid on one of the first appearances of Hellboy, and certainly the first in color for the massive and princely sum of ONE DOLLAR!!! Yes, that is right, the bidding is beginning at a single loonie, one simolian, a paltry greenback, well you get the drift.
    Find it here and happy hunting to you! https://www.ebay.com/itm/133022126304?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5336824214&toolid=10001&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Last edited April 14, 2019 9:01:59 pm
    Tenzil
  • Posted: April 14, 2019 8:33:25 pm
  • As far as your book goes, I am in for now!
    Nice copy.
    I wasn't a collector of Boy but had a few issues in my collection. Now the prior movies were great, and have since bought both and have in my movie collection. I am looking forward to viewing this new one.
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Avengers: Twilight Issue # 1 - 3rd print
  • Keenspot Entertainment's Biden's Titans vs Trump's Titans Issue # 1b
  • DC Comics's Crisis on Infinite Earths Issue # 7fan expo-b
  • Marvel Comics's The Uncanny X-Men Issue # 468b