feature requests

eBay is so frustrating (Comic Book Forums)

• eBay is so frustrating

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 9, 2018 3:53:40 pm
  • I cannot take eBay anymore when it comes to comic books. People are absolutely crazy asking the prices that they do sometimes, it's so frustrating just like the title says. I am trying to complete my Spawn collection and looked at a lot of #235-246, which are all valued at cover price on two separate comic book pricing sites. That's 12 comics valued at $36, this person was asking $120. ARGH!! I don't expect to steal everything I buy, I'm not cheap at all but c'mon man!! I'm never going to get caught up on Spawn unless I get a 2nd job apparently.

I know this is nothing new to any of you I'm just having a bad day and instead of throwing my work pc through the wall I am ranting here.
  • Posted: October 9, 2018 5:10:39 pm
  • The opposite is true as well. I was offered $300 on a copy of Mad #1 CGC 3.0. I have the lowest price copy on ebay and they still want it for half price.

• Posted: October 9, 2018 7:04:15 pm
  • I get your frustration, because there are a ton of people looking for suckers to make a buck. If you put the time in, you will find a better deal. I tend to find better deals with sellers that are just starting out, or don't have a lot of sales under their belt. Also, some of the big timers have a ton of books and they just want to get them sold to make space for more inventory.
    Brucifer on here has some Spawn books for sale, but not sure how far into the run he has.
    You may have some luck trying Etsy, or Bonanza as well.
    “I don't wear white to hide myself. I wear it so they'll see me coming. So they'll know who it is. 'Cause when they see the white, it doesn't matter how good of a target I am. Their hands shake so bad, they couldn't hit the moon.”
  • Posted: October 10, 2018 9:28:21 am
  • I'll second the recommendation to try on Etsy; you can find a lot on there.
  • Posted: October 10, 2018 1:38:29 pm
  • I agree that EBay is frustrating too. Sellers ask for too much and buyers offer too little. A lot of comic book sellers on EBay really have no idea of what they have value-wise.
    It's tough to compete as EBay is so huge, but there are other options. CBR has some great sellers who do not scam, over-charge or lie. Something tells me you guys already know that!
  • Posted: October 10, 2018 2:47:37 pm
  • @Spector and Morgayne - Etsy is certainly a good choice and I would use them unfortunately after searching there isn't much for Spawn on there that I need. I'll have to check the other one you mentioned Spector, thank you for the suggestions.

@Brucifer - I am ALL FOR buying from CBR members and already have from a few and so far the experiences have been great. Like above though, there isn't many people selling Spawn besides #1-100. I'm looking for a few misc. issues from #100-200 and #210-current, minus about 25 issues.

I'll find them eventually, I wish it was naturally in a store and not online but it's tough here in little old Vermont. The excitement of physically finding them yourself is a lot of the fun for me. Ordering them online is nice but just not the same sometimes.

Last edited October 10, 2018 3:10:43 pm
  • Posted: October 10, 2018 5:52:29 pm
  • I would suggest saving a Search for the issues. Then they will notify you when those issues are freshly added.
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: October 10, 2018 6:50:43 pm
  • if you dont have the time to look you wont find anything on ebay.
    ive been on ebay over 18 years with 500+ feedback 0 -

its like anything else...just research. the thing that is the most problem is people way over charging for shipping costs..thats what you got to watch for.

also ignore anything that says "global shipping". ebay will charge you what they think is custom charge and doesnt stop from your country charging actual custom fee on top of that.
  • Posted: October 18, 2018 7:51:55 am
  • PickyCollector said:
    if you dont have the time to look you wont find anything on ebay.
    ive been on ebay over 18 years with 500+ feedback 0 -

its like anything else...just research. the thing that is the most problem is people way over charging for shipping costs..thats what you got to watch for.

also ignore anything that says "global shipping". ebay will charge you what they think is custom charge and doesnt stop from your country charging actual custom fee on top of that.

Ebay has always had an issue with price gauging for high shipping prices but what is really sad is people buy from them and allow that type of business to continue so it becomes a vicious cycle.
  • Posted: October 18, 2018 3:07:10 pm
  • The shipping can be a little frustrating. I for one had an issue just this past week. Again, researching the shipping can pay off. Also, making good use of shipping charges, and adding on a couple of extra books that may not be expensive will make good use of any shipping charges. I love the sellers that offer free shipping though!
    “I don't wear white to hide myself. I wear it so they'll see me coming. So they'll know who it is. 'Cause when they see the white, it doesn't matter how good of a target I am. Their hands shake so bad, they couldn't hit the moon.”
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 48 years, 329 days, 3 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Rebellion's 2000 A.D. Issue # 2101
  • Image Comics's Dead Rabbit Issue # 1nerd store
  • Kodansha Comics's Real Account Soft Cover # 9-11
  • DC Comics's Scooby Apocalypse Issue # 32