feature requests

Selling: my childhood.... comic collection (Comic Book Forums)

• Selling: my childhood.... comic collection

Author Discussion
  • Posted: December 15, 2017 1:24:56 pm
  • Not sure how this should go, but I'm selling my comic books from my collection.

Most of them I bought in the 80's, read them and then put in plastic sleeves and longboxes where that have been ever since. So pretty much mint condition and if you would like any particular comic scanned I can do that.

Check out my collection and made an offer. Very Happy
  • Posted: December 17, 2017 2:45:24 pm
  • Still getting the hang of this... I now have them listed for sale....
  • Posted: December 17, 2017 7:03:37 pm
  • This site isn't a true selling site, sure some guys will take a look and may even contact you, but most people do their selling on ebay.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: December 17, 2017 7:48:04 pm
  • Too bad this site wasn't better for selling comic books. Crying or Very sad
  • Posted: December 17, 2017 7:51:32 pm
  • I don't think DB intended it to be a selling site when he started it, more of a place for collectors to catalog their collections.
    I know guys have sold book here, just know it's tougher to do so compared to ebay where you have a lot more traffic.

• Posted: December 17, 2017 7:57:25 pm
  • But if DB could make a profit off of the sales generated here? I've already whined and complained to DB about this several times. He isn't budging. Crying or Very sad
  • Posted: December 17, 2017 9:00:00 pm
  • Too many logistics to make it work on a small site like this.
    Also the cost to add all the components to make it work would be huge.

• Posted: December 18, 2017 5:34:44 pm
  • There is not enough traffic in general and the cost for me to build out all of the selling tools wouldn't be worth it.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: December 18, 2017 7:38:17 pm
  • I do all my selling here. Works great for me. No Ebay fees.
  • Posted: December 18, 2017 8:34:51 pm
  • Like I said, some guys do sell here, maybe you should share your secret to your success of doing so with other so you can get strong buying/selling community here.

• Posted: December 19, 2017 7:05:34 am
  • sent you a message about one of the books you have listed.
  • Posted: December 20, 2017 8:01:13 pm
  • Canuck is indeed the wise, sage-like Canadian we all should be listening to. I would love to hear from junobeach on how to sell more comic books here. I've had some success, but nowhere near what I NEED. Shipping from Toronto, Canada to the States is killer. , shipping a few books inside Canada is really steep too. No way to get around that. Help?
  • Posted: December 22, 2017 11:10:40 am
  • Cost of mailing/shipping in Canada is insane...not sure what I will do when I decide to sell my collection.
    Chances are I will just take it to my LCS and take pennies on the dollar just so I don't have to deal with the hassle of shipping and the costs and headaches that go with it.

13 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Eugene Comics Guild's Guilded Edges Issue # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Jackpot and Black Cat Issue # 1j
  • Flying Eye Books's Juniper Mae Soft Cover # 2
  • Marvel Comics's X-men '97 Issue # 1c