feature requests

What's the point of sending offers for books if no one responds? (Comic Book Forums)

• What's the point of sending offers for books if no one responds?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 3, 2017 4:11:32 pm
  • I have sent three offers to someone and a PM and nothing for days... d'oh!

Person has over 5,000 comics but doesnt read messages and logs in every day...something doesnt add up here. Think
  • Posted: May 3, 2017 8:33:54 pm
  • its possible that they dont log in everyday or even every month...patience may pay off on this one...
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: May 4, 2017 8:50:27 am
  • But don't they get an email if they at a PM from this site? I would be frustrated also if I sent an offer and didn't get a response.

Wish people would send m offers Smile
  • Posted: May 5, 2017 5:23:42 pm
  • I'm with tsouthammavong. If you send me requests I'll get back to you right quick!
  • Posted: May 7, 2017 4:28:49 pm
  • I feel the frustration...I have sent a few messages mainly for my wife and her Stephen King collection. No answers yet but I shall be patient. I have also noticed some ridiculous prices on what I would consider a valuable comic being sold for 2 or 3 dollars. So I am also a little leary.
  • Posted: May 10, 2017 6:19:36 pm
  • You can check when is the last time they posted on Forum. Not sure if you can tell when they last were online at CBR.

Keep in mind some people find this site, get excited and list some books for sale. Then if maybe a couple weeks go by and they get no responses, they move on.
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: May 19, 2017 3:32:44 am
  • N7Sekirei said:
    I feel the frustration...I have sent a few messages mainly for my wife and her Stephen King collection. No answers yet but I shall be patient. I have also noticed some ridiculous prices on what I would consider a valuable comic being sold for 2 or 3 dollars. So I am also a little leary.

I have a pretty fair stack of Stephen King comics. Take a look at my collection and see if there's anything that catches your eye. I'd rather have them with someone who's going to read them than have them sitting in a box.
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: May 19, 2017 9:48:50 pm
  • atom said:
    N7Sekirei said:
    I feel the frustration...I have sent a few messages mainly for my wife and her Stephen King collection. No answers yet but I shall be patient. I have also noticed some ridiculous prices on what I would consider a valuable comic being sold for 2 or 3 dollars. So I am also a little leary.

I have a pretty fair stack of Stephen King comics. Take a look at my collection and see if there's anything that catches your eye. I'd rather have them with someone who's going to read them than have them sitting in a box.

I actually checked out what you owned and my wife actually has all those issues. She is working on the variants for the series that had them. But thanks for letting me know.
  • Posted: May 19, 2017 11:54:52 pm
  • Not a problem.
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: June 4, 2017 1:12:29 pm
  • it is extremely quiet in here...
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Image Comics's Feral Issue # 1maximum
  • Marvel Comics's Jackpot and Black Cat Issue # 1j
  • Marvel Comics's Jackpot and Black Cat Issue # 1syndicate
  • Marvel Comics's Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi Issue # 6d