feature requests

Spawn #300 excitement? (Comic Book Forums)

• Spawn #300 excitement?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 31, 2019 9:31:06 pm
  • I pre-ordered mine last week lol
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: May 31, 2019 10:49:20 pm
  • AmZoMBiE said:
    I pre-ordered mine last week lol

HA!
    I was peeking a 10 pack the other night. Found a deal for about $50.
    I want to see the covers first, or I may opt for a few I like at the LCS.
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: June 1, 2019 2:17:40 pm
  • I ordered the ASM 300 Homage cover...It was my fav lol...
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: June 3, 2019 9:36:33 am
  • I read Spawn from the very first issue up until issue #150, and I finally gave it up...so have no idea what's going on in that book. Honestly this is one of those titles that should have ended a long time ago. Can't believe it's hitting #300 now.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: June 3, 2019 1:46:55 pm
  • Rapha1978 said:
    I read Spawn from the very first issue up until issue #150, and I finally gave it up...so have no idea what's going on in that book. Honestly this is one of those titles that should have ended a long time ago. Can't believe it's hitting #300 now.

Ha, I lasted from 1 - 225. Should have gave up when you did. But then again, maybe it got really good 226 onwards.....
  • Posted: June 3, 2019 1:57:49 pm
  • Vengeance said:
    Ha, I lasted from 1 - 225. Should have gave up when you did. But then again, maybe it got really good 226 onwards.....

I liked it more in the early days when Spawn was fighting against his counter/countdown. It took a drop in quality over the years and I felt like the comic had no real direction of where it was going.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: June 3, 2019 2:25:44 pm
  • I only lasted to issue #25...I just got tired of not knowing when the next issue was going to show up. I think at one point Spawn was soliciting for issues 2 years out.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: June 3, 2019 5:01:08 pm
  • I got back into Spawn over the past year after picking up a deal on a run of #1-27.
    I was curious about the newer books and have been on board for about the past 15 issues.
    Also, got some early fill ins after #27 up to #66 from Brucifer this past week.
    I bet a lot of people did fall off, all the same...but I will admit, I like the new books even more so. The story has been building and heating up, and I am looking forward to the big 300.
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: June 4, 2019 2:52:54 am
  • I stuck with the title until just before it hit #100. I always enjoyed the Capullo artwork and I admired what Todd did with a character who really did not enjoy a shared universe like most of the Marvel and DC characters. I don't know about this issue as I have not read nor collected this comic for a LONG time!
    Tenzil
29 posts • Page 1 of 3
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Killer Comics's Crucifix Executioner TPB # 2
  • DC Comics's DC Universe by Dwayne McDuffie  Hard Cover # 1
  • Image Comics's Feral Issue # 1kksm
  • Mad Cave Studios's Morning Star Issue # 1b