feature requests

Question on female Thor (Comic Book Forums)

• Question on female Thor

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 24, 2014 11:57:58 am
  • What is technically her first appearance? Some say it's Avengers 30, but a lot of the wiki pages said it was an unidentified female that was able to pick Mjolnir. I do know that Thor was deemed unable to wield it after Nick Fury whispered something in his ear. Please clear this up for me.
  • Posted: October 24, 2014 1:43:00 pm
  • from what I know so far.....

there is a cameo of her and the new spider gwen on hawkeye vs deadpool 00 (cosplayers on the street on left as hawkeye is aiming)

there is also a full appearance on a couple pages in avengers 30 (an avengers team shows up from the future lead by hawkeye she is seen but I don't think she is involved in any convos)

there is full page (double splash or whatnot) at the end of the last of thunder issue of her holding mjolnir

Last edited October 24, 2014 1:46:18 pm
    Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />
    Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />
    Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />
  • Posted: October 24, 2014 2:27:33 pm
  • Thanks, have Avengers 30 already
  • Posted: February 11, 2015 1:42:34 pm
  • Who was the writer? it sounds like a great question to ask. if that was infact the first female thor. Think
  • Posted: February 11, 2015 2:28:10 pm
  • Since her identity is still a mystery there's no way to know what her first appearance will be.

Hawkeye Vs. Deadpool #0 could be considered the first appearance of the costume, but not the character.

Avengers #30 Thor from the future could be a different Thor, an alternate universe Thor...who knows?
  • Posted: February 12, 2015 12:16:21 am
  • My guess is that the character is one we've already been introduced to, so that her first appearance will end up being a debate between the first time she wields Mjolnir and the character's first appearance as non-"Thor."

Speaking of Female Thor though . . . why did Thor give up his name to Female Thor? Thor is still, you know, his name. What's he called now, "Hey you"? "Blondie"? Is Beta-Ray Bill now Horse-Face-Thor? Captain America is Patriot-Thor? Wonder Woman is First-Female-Thor? I'm totally fine with the idea of having a female wielding Mjolnir and starring in a comic where she does so, but I was so unhappy with the way it was handle; it came across as a marketing decision rather than a story decision to me.
  • Posted: February 12, 2015 11:27:22 am
  • skippyballer486 said:
    My guess is that the character is one we've already been introduced to, so that her first appearance will end up being a debate between the first time she wields Mjolnir and the character's first appearance as non-"Thor."

Speaking of Female Thor though . . . why did Thor give up his name to Female Thor? Thor is still, you know, his name. What's he called now, "Hey you"? "Blondie"? Is Beta-Ray Bill now Horse-Face-Thor? Captain America is Patriot-Thor? Wonder Woman is First-Female-Thor? I'm totally fine with the idea of having a female wielding Mjolnir and starring in a comic where she does so, but I was so unhappy with the way it was handle; it came across as a marketing decision rather than a story decision to me.
    Totally agree with this. It's his name.
  • Posted: February 13, 2015 8:32:00 pm
  • haha... his name is odinson...

thor is the of thunder,no idea why they thought his title should transfer with mjolnir
  • Posted: February 16, 2015 1:15:12 am
  • Tex75455 said:
    haha... his name is odinson...

thor is the of thunder,no idea why they thought his title should transfer with mjolnir

Thor is his first name. Odinson is his last name. Look at Erik the Red and his son, Leif Erikson. The latter's first name was Leif, but he was called Leif Erikson to give information about the family he was from.
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Deathstroke Inc. Hard Cover # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Predator: The Last Hunt Issue # 2
  • Marvel Comics's Spider-Man vs Venom Soft Cover # 1 - 5th print
  • Studio Brie Comix's The Clique Issue # ½