feature requests

did it happen or not? (Comic Book Forums)

• did it happen or not?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 24, 2013 5:28:08 pm
  • so, with the DC reboot now headed towards being 2 years old, i was wondering if some of my favorite pre-new 52 stories are still considered part of the new continuity.
    would love to hear opinions from everyone.

batman:
    - long halloween/dark victory/when in rome trilogy
    - hush
    guessing year 1 and catwoman: her sister's keeper are now null and void.

any birds of prey stories.
    kate spencer/manhunter series
    stephanie brown/batgirl series
    any doom patrol
    crisis on infinite earths
    wolfman/perez teen titans
    geoff johns' hawkman
  • Posted: June 24, 2013 6:01:43 pm
  • I think batman long halloween and dark victory yes.
    all the others i think have been erased. all birds of prey and teen titans never happened, infinite earths without a doubt never happened.
  • Posted: June 24, 2013 10:40:07 pm
  • Now that I think about it, wasn't Anti-Monitors 1st appearance Crisis on Infinite Earths? If that never happend, he shouldn't have been reborn in Brightest Day. He had minimal use after being brought back to life anyways.
  • Posted: June 25, 2013 12:00:14 am
  • Brightest day happened before the reboot. Brightest Day never happened either.
  • Posted: June 25, 2013 10:51:11 pm
  • really not happy with the new 52 as a whole.
    there are a few decent books but as a whole, DC really messed up.
    in my opinion, of course.
  • Posted: June 26, 2013 9:41:17 pm
  • That's how I've felt. I think if Snyder wasn't writing Batman that overall the whole thing would maybe have been a failure except Justice League
  • Posted: July 9, 2013 9:16:02 pm
  • any more input on this subject?
  • Posted: July 10, 2013 10:57:56 am
  • I never was a big fan of DC and only bought runs of series if certain creators I liked were doing the book, so when DC decided to re-boot I thought I would give a half dozen books a shot...I now only get Batman. I did pick up the new Superman Unchained (because of Snyder/Lee) and wasn't really impressed with it, don't think I'll get it for much longer.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: July 10, 2013 1:20:53 pm
  • Dropped absolutely everything for a few months. The only DC books I miss are some of the Vertigo books.
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: July 15, 2013 5:33:02 pm
  • Currently, I'm not even keeping up with the TPBs of the new 52 series that I'm that interested in..... My interest is actually regarding pre-new universe TPBs moreso, as well as Wildstorm Universe stuff.

However, I'll go out on a limb and say that probably the Long Halloween trilogy is still lore, simply because I want to believe that the first few years of Batman's history remain unchanged. Although, if you think that Year One is off the table, then I'm guessing you have your reasons - I haven't read much from the bat-universe in the "almost 2 years old 52".

I think Stephanie Brown never existed in the new universe, and Wolfman's Teen Titans didn't either.

Crisis did and didn't exist, much like every other crisis........ they reboot the universe and both exist and don't exist simultaneously Laughing By this I mean that most of the characters don't actually remember it happening.

Your other characters, I have no input on because I didn't read the original runs that you're referring to, but I'll go with "No" on the Birds of Prey.
    Currently Reading:
    Graphic Novels: Nightwing (90s series), Lumberjanes
    Regular Novels: Chronicles of Prydain

Add me on Goodreads
26 posts • Page 1 of 3
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Adventures of Supergirl Issue # 3
  • Cat Wants In's Dark 30 Issue # 3
  • Marvel Comics's Deadly Neighborhood Spider-Man TPB # 1
  • Vanguard Productions's Space Cowboy Issue # 1b