feature requests

See Spider Man's new costume?? (Comic Book Forums)

• See Spider-Man's new costume??

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 10, 2013 7:47:34 pm
  • Eh, it's ok. I prefer the regular spidey outfit myself.
    Don of the D.E.DImage
  • Posted: May 10, 2013 7:53:51 pm
  • I'm with Don on this 1 .THAT costume looks kinda like a cross between a Ben Riley & The Red & Gold costume Stark made for Pete. I REALLY HOPE & PRAY they bring PP back SOON.

Last edited May 10, 2013 7:54:52 pm
  • Posted: May 10, 2013 8:03:23 pm
  • meh, i could do without. I got excitd when you said ben reiley, i actually love the original scarlet spider hoody, but all i see is wiered doc ock
  • Posted: May 10, 2013 10:04:50 pm
  • I read an article today about a Spidey/Scarlet Spidey crossover. Kaine will be returning to New York to assassinate Wolverine and stops by to check in on Peter. Ben Reilly was mentioned to possibly pop up at some point. Not sure if it will be in a flashback or in current time, but it will be interesting to see how Kaine takes the news. He still hasn't come to terms with assuming the Scarlet Spider mantle in my opinion, so if he does come face to face with Ben, I hope it will be written right.
  • Posted: May 10, 2013 10:10:46 pm
  • As far as im concerned, scarlet spider is the best thing to come out of marvel right now (when they arent doin crossovers ... i prefer the one and done comics that most of SS are)... .i really hope they dont screw with it
  • Posted: May 10, 2013 11:00:12 pm
  • I agree to an extent. I think they could turn some of Spidey's c-list villains into major threats like they did for Venom. I also like that they can take anything that did not work for Spidey, such as turning Kaine into The Other, and using it in Scarlets book. Being from Houston, I love seeing Marvel's expansion into territorys outside of New York. Having him take on Armadillo at the Rodeo is just classic.
  • Posted: May 10, 2013 11:39:40 pm
  • Wouldn't Wolverine or even kaine be able to sence that THIS Spider-Man is NOT Peter JUST by the way he's been acting latley? Yeah the Avengers did a "Test" on him & Confirmed he wasn't a "Skrull" BUT they didn't check his brain patterns.
  • Posted: May 11, 2013 12:42:27 am
  • The only reason he got away without the Avengers knowing is that none of the Avenger "brains" were there to detect it. I think in Wolverine's case he realizes something isn't right with Spidey, but can't put his finger on it. You would think more spiritworld based Marvel characters would have picked up on Peter not being in his own body, but I am glad they didn't. Spidey and supernatural situations never really peaked my interest. A Spidey title should have close ties to technology and not the supernatural.
  • Posted: May 11, 2013 4:00:00 am
  • I read that with Spider-man 2099 coming to the current timeline that he'd get his own Spiderman comic, maybe even taking over in the Original Spiderman suit, then Superior keeps getting darker and darker and bad, and then there's the 2099 who will become the good and hero Spiderman,
    That's a storyline I could see them actually doing, then you have the people who love Superior and his ways, and the people who hate it and liked the values and all will have the 2099 version filling in for PP
  • Posted: May 11, 2013 8:16:38 am
  • I agree about the rodeo, that was an amazing issue. My other favorite issue was the hotel heist... that was just classic good fun
  • Posted: May 11, 2013 9:12:35 am
  • GoAt42069 said:
    I read an article today about a Spidey/Scarlet Spidey crossover. Kaine will be returning to New York to assassinate Wolverine and stops by to check in on Peter. Ben Reilly was mentioned to possibly pop up at some point. Not sure if it will be in a flashback or in current time, but it will be interesting to see how Kaine takes the news. He still hasn't come to terms with assuming the Scarlet Spider mantle in my opinion, so if he does come face to face with Ben, I hope it will be written right.

I HIGHLY Dought Kaine can kill Wolverine & as for Ben Riley showing up,It just MIGHT be a "Flashback" cause when he "Died" didn't he turn into somekind of mud or something like that?
  • Posted: May 11, 2013 9:22:45 am
  • echo said:
    I read that with Spider-man 2099 coming to the current timeline that he'd get his own Spiderman comic, maybe even taking over in the Original Spiderman suit, then Superior keeps getting darker and darker and bad, and then there's the 2099 who will become the good and hero Spiderman,
    That's a storyline I could see them actually doing, then you have the people who love Superior and his ways, and the people who hate it and liked the values and all will have the 2099 version filling in for PP

That would be interesting to see Spider-Man2099 (aka Miguel O’Hara) In present day Spider-Man.It's actually going to be in issue #17 of Superior Spider-Man. Here's the link I read http://sciencefiction.com/2013/05/01/spider-man-2099-returning-to-marvel-comics/
  • Posted: May 11, 2013 9:32:10 am
  • That is what is funny. The Assassin's Guild forces Kaine to "kill" Wolverine, and he goes back to the school and talks to Wolverine about it. Lol his trip to see Peter is just the supposed side trip.
  • Posted: May 11, 2013 2:02:53 pm
  • Wouldn't it be funny if now PP became like Deadman from DCU? His spirit just goes all around the Marvel universe and showing up and at times just taking over all the otherMarvel heroes? It could be a whole new take on Marvel Team-Up, yet no one would ever know it was an actual team-up except Peter
  • Posted: May 11, 2013 11:49:58 pm
  • echo said:
    Wouldn't it be funny if now PP became like Deadman from DCU? His spirit just goes all around the Marvel universe and showing up and at times just taking over all the otherMarvel heroes? It could be a whole new take on Marvel Team-Up, yet no one would ever know it was an actual team-up except Peter

Well in the LAST issue of Superior OR Avenging Spider-Man,Pete was TRYING to get a message out by trying to take over Ock's Right Hand & THEN pushing the paper in the garbage can....Hopefully SOMEONE will find it & put 2 & 2 together...
  • Posted: May 12, 2013 5:29:06 am
  • I like it. But it's not a Spider-Man costume.
  • Posted: July 2, 2013 5:48:55 pm
  • This is off-topic, but I've decided to get back into Spider-Man comic books. It's been a long, insane, angry trip (all those years when I wasn't into him), but I'm back. The new Superior Spider-Man costume ain't too special to me, I still favor Ben Reilly's Spider-Man costume design from the 1990s. I am definitely proud to be a Spider-Fan again.
  • Posted: July 2, 2013 7:18:28 pm
  • I like superiors costume like it is now, since ock took over, but it's changing in a month or so and i think it's evolving and changing more right after,
19 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Keenspot Entertainment's Biden's Titans vs Trump's Titans Issue # 1b
  • Marvel Comics's Miles Morales: Spider-Man Issue # 19
  • Totally Rad Comics's Totally Rad Wars Issue # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine: First Class Issue # 2b