feature requests

eBay Vs Craigslist (Comic Book Forums)

• eBay Vs Craigslist

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 21, 2008 11:01:47 pm

Years ago I used to sell a lot at eBay. But much has changed since then. I have also moved a few items on Craiglist. What do you all feel the pros and cons are between the two? Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards, Cool
  • Posted: September 22, 2008 1:10:56 pm
  • craigslist is free and you can get multiple customers, so it is basically free advertising, but it is local and too much time could be spent trying to list in every section, you also dont have the guarantees that ebay provides...craigslist also allows you to set the price a bit better

ebay is better for specific items, but is extremely expensive, once everything is said and done they take more than 10% of your earnings. ebay also takes much more time to sell through than craigslist does, but ebay offers more protection for buyers...smart sellers have equal protection through ebay and craigslist.

I love craigslist and hate ebay, although, from time to time, ebay is a necessary evil simply due to the number of possible buyers.
    http://comicbookrealm.com/jkoswald/collection check out my collection...selling everything (piles labeled "for sale" only) at 20% of value (80% off)...check my forum posting in the selling section for details
  • Posted: September 22, 2008 1:37:18 pm
  • Thank you for your input jkoswald. Wink

Best regards, Cool

• Posted: September 22, 2008 3:33:45 pm
  • I have always found Craiglist too hit/miss - Ebay at this point has enough traffic to make it the more desirable option (in spite the recent changes, which with one or two exceptions seem to be anti-seller instead of just pro-buyer)
    There are some ways to lower the impact of seller fees (If you can get customers to link directly to your storefront for example...*cough*)
    Rolling Eyes
  • Posted: September 22, 2008 5:10:19 pm
  • Thank you Aesalon,
    Your views on this topic are much appreciated.

Best regards, Cool
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 246 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Titan Comics's ATOM: The Beginning Soft Cover # 7
  • Keenspot Entertainment's Biden's Titans vs Trump's Titans Issue # 1c
  • Marvel Comics's The Spectacular Spider-Men Issue # 2b
  • Marvel Comics's Ultimate Black Panther Issue # 3c