feature requests

A tribute to J. Jonah Jameson (Comic Book Forums)

• A tribute to J. Jonah Jameson

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 11, 2008 2:30:23 pm
  • This little ditty stems from a discussion in another forum. I could not help but think of how much better it makes me feel to know there are actually high strung, neurotic people like J. Jonah Jameson in the world. The pleasure is derived from knowing that all it would take is one single word or glance from the right person and they would blow like the proverbial Mt. Vesuvius.

So this is a tribute to all those self important people who think the world revolves around them and assume we all dream of following in your footsteps....

Last edited September 11, 2008 2:40:01 pm
  • Posted: September 11, 2008 2:40:41 pm
  • I think J.K.Simmons was the single most perfect casting choice ever.
    If they had made Spider-Man a few years earlier we would have seen Stan Lee in the role, as he always hoped to play the character.

Last edited September 11, 2008 2:40:54 pm
    El Blog-o, Read it if you're bored.
    http://immortalfireboy.blogspot.com/

Search & Win
  • Posted: September 11, 2008 2:42:58 pm
  • Sorry I know I named the topic JJ Jamson tribute but Mr. Gary Busey everyone......

Last edited September 11, 2008 2:44:16 pm
  • Posted: September 11, 2008 2:47:53 pm
  • So that's where I've seen Elizabeth banks before d'oh!
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: September 11, 2008 3:39:18 pm
  • Are you talking about the girl pushing the button..... hahaha..... buzzzz..... not that bottle... buzz ... drink a lot of water... hahaha nice
  • Posted: September 11, 2008 3:40:46 pm
  • Yeah, it seems like she's been in a lot lately. Scrubs, Zach & Mirra make a ....
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
  • Posted: September 11, 2008 4:29:23 pm
  • Fireboy said:
    I think J.K.Simmons was the single most perfect casting choice ever.
    If they had made Spider-Man a few years earlier we would have seen Stan Lee in the role, as he always hoped to play the character.

Stan Lee would have been to wishy washy compared to Simmons.
  • Posted: September 11, 2008 4:41:55 pm
  • evlthecat said:
    Fireboy said:
    I think J.K.Simmons was the single most perfect casting choice ever.

Stan Lee would have been to wishy washy compared to Simmons.

Yeah, I love Stan Lee to little itty bitty bite-size pieces, but he never would have come close to Simmons. I've been a fan of Simmons since is time on Law & Order, but he disappears into JJJ's odd hairdo, hitler mustache, and stubby little cigar. The staccato delivery is pitch perfect. For some reason, Hugh Laurie in the MTV CGI version doesn't do it for me.
  • Posted: September 11, 2008 4:49:12 pm
  • joshschr said:

Yeah, I love Stan Lee to little itty bitty bite-size pieces,

That man will hopefully outlive us all
    Very Happy

I hope i get to shake his hand one day.
    Has anyone else watched Stan Lee's Mutants, Monsters, & Marvels?
    I loved it. And his house has so much awesome stuff!
    El Blog-o, Read it if you're bored.
    http://immortalfireboy.blogspot.com/

Search & Win
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Dark Horse Comics's Assassin's Apprentice II Issue # 5
  • Marvel Comics's Dead X-Men Issue # 4b
  • Titan Comics's Rebel Moon: House of the Bloodaxe Issue # 3d
  • Marvel Comics's Web of Spider-Man Issue # 5b