feature requests

Olympics (Comic Book Forums)

• Olympics

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 10, 2008 3:43:53 pm
  • Who else is an Olympic junkie like me?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: August 10, 2008 4:28:26 pm
  • dough boy said:
    Who else is an Olympic junkie like me?

if it's wrestling or a "local" athlete, then i am.
  • Posted: August 10, 2008 4:40:51 pm
  • i like to watch the fencing
    but i dont do it religiously
  • Posted: August 10, 2008 5:32:07 pm
  • I admit that I am... and I'm quite happy that some Aussies are being being televised on U.S. tv. It's nice to see my team, even if they aren't doing as well as past Olympics. The swimming should pick up a little though.
  • Posted: August 10, 2008 6:14:40 pm
  • yeah, swimming, track and field, and curling are entertaining......you just can't miss the hilarity of curling....QUICK shine the floor! shine the floor!, AHHHHH! hurry, sand it sand it!!!.....a sport that involves shining and sanding a floor is pure entertainment
    http://comicbookrealm.com/jkoswald/collection check out my collection...selling everything (piles labeled "for sale" only) at 20% of value (80% off)...check my forum posting in the selling section for details
  • Posted: August 10, 2008 7:16:30 pm
  • I'm not watching it religiously either, but if there's nothing else on, I will see what sport happens to be on.

And yes, curling is an oddly amusing sport.
    Currently Reading:
    Graphic Novels: Nightwing (90s series), Lumberjanes
    Regular Novels: Chronicles of Prydain

Add me on Goodreads
  • Posted: August 11, 2008 12:53:49 pm
  • arbogasts said:
    my wife's bitchy sister in law and her even worse daughter were watching a swimming event Saturday and my youngest son turned off the TV just as it finished. I thought they were going to stroke out, it was hilarious Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Applause Applause Applause
    now that's something you want on tape.
    so you can watch their faces over and over.
    my question is, did you have anything to do w/ the awesome timing of turning off the tv?
  • Posted: August 11, 2008 4:37:12 pm
  • Look at all we have been missing!

Defunct Olympic sports
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
17 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Jackpot and Black Cat Issue # 1f
  • Titan Comics's Life Is Strange: Forget-Me-Not Issue # 2b
  • National Periodical Publications's Superman's Christmas Adventure Issue # 1molans
  • Marvel Comics's The Incredible Hulk Issue # 9d