feature requests

The Protomen (Comic Book Forums)

• The Protomen

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 15, 2008 10:40:16 pm
  • does anyone else here on CBR listen?
    i have been a HUGE fan of theirs since the beginning
    in fact, listening to Breaking Out is one of the only things that makes me feel better sometimes
    they really are an amazing band, they talk about a lot of interesting and deep stuff
    so... anyone?
  • Posted: July 15, 2008 11:22:33 pm
  • sorry to say, i haven't heard of them.
    maybe i'm "too old" to know who they are.
    but i am willing to give just about anything a listen once.
  • Posted: July 15, 2008 11:24:43 pm
  • yeah, i had not heard of them until you mentioned them when talking about the helmet you made
    http://comicbookrealm.com/jkoswald/collection check out my collection...selling everything (piles labeled "for sale" only) at 20% of value (80% off)...check my forum posting in the selling section for details
  • Posted: July 15, 2008 11:29:25 pm
  • they're still an indie band, not many have heard of them
    heres a link to the *sigh* myspace: http://www.myspace.com/theprotomen
    listen to Hope Rides Alone first, after that theyre in order(ish... its obviously missing a few songs)
    they album tells a story, hence the order
  • Posted: July 15, 2008 11:40:49 pm
  • the music is great....very techno synthesized, but i like that just fine.....i am a huge fan of vocals, if the vocals suck, i wont listen.....with that being said, i could listen to them whenever i am in a techno mood, because the vocals are nearly non existence, at least singing vocals are.....also, if you had not mentioned them, i would never have thought to listen to them....nashville tennessee is the very last place i would think would produce any music worth listening to
    http://comicbookrealm.com/jkoswald/collection check out my collection...selling everything (piles labeled "for sale" only) at 20% of value (80% off)...check my forum posting in the selling section for details
  • Posted: July 15, 2008 11:43:38 pm
  • i will have to give them a listen when i get a chance.
  • Posted: July 16, 2008 1:03:31 am
  • Panther (the singer) is an amazing vocalist
    Hope Rides Alone isnt the best example of that, check out The Will of One or Unrest in the House of Light
    The Sons of Fate also shows this off well, but thats not on there...
    the underground Nashville scene is amazing, particularly those picked up by Sines and Sounds/SoundMachine (The Protomen, Makeup and Vanity Set, German Castro... theyre all friends... in fact, ScarToe, one of the guitarists for the Protomen, is in German Castro)
  • Posted: July 16, 2008 8:27:52 am
  • i listened to all that was on myspace....the stand of man..or whatever was the best one, didnt really notice much difference in the vocals in any of them though, i could tell when he was singing from when he was talking...but it wasnt a huge step up, in my opinion
  • Posted: July 16, 2008 6:49:59 pm
  • i guess its different live
    he gets really into it, its pretty cool
  • Posted: August 31, 2008 12:42:13 am
  • hey, they just released a demo of one of the songs on the next album (i cant WAIT)
    it IS a demo, and you can kinda tell the drums and some of the guitar is synthetic, but its still really good
    if anyone wants it, i put up a link on the fan club i run, SaviorsofMan
    its called Breaking Out
    i tihnk ill listen to it again
18 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Catwoman Issue # 64syndicate-b
  • Rebellion's Judge Dredd Megazine Issue # 467
  • Comic Art Publishers's Steve Canyon Soft Cover # 4
  • Faro's Lounge's Zeldara: The Mistress of Mars Issue # 6d