feature requests

Iron Man movie oddity (Comic Book Forums)

• Iron Man movie oddity

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 22, 2008 9:46:19 am
  • I was just at the danish site for the new iron man movie:

www.ironmanfilmen.dk

I am rather looking forward to it so I also went to the international site:

http://ironmanmovie.marvel.com/

Ok this puzzled me...

Danish release: 04.30.08
    US Release: 05.02.08

What??!? I have never in my life seen a movie in theaters in Denmark BEFORE the US.

But hey... I'm not complaining Smile
    Not collecting any more but I still enjoy comics now and then...
  • Posted: April 22, 2008 9:51:42 am
  • you will have to let us know if it good or not.

not that its going to be bad.

may take you videocam and make a copy??

haha

tt
    You build your collection one book at a time and day by day it seem to stay the same. Then one day KA BLAM it gotten out of control. Thanks mom I love you.

" I'm not insane, my mom had me tested." Sheldon BIG BANG THEORY
    " Holy on a CRACKER" Pennie BIG BANG THEORY

http://www.comixcon.com/
    http://www.kenmore-komics.com/
  • Posted: April 22, 2008 9:55:16 am
  • I thought I read something to that effect yesterday, but I can't think of where. Entertainment Weekly, maybe? I don't know. I've been avoiding spoilers, but I saw a picture of IM flying with what looked like large calibre bullet holes in the armor. It looked so fantastic.

Also, I've been reading a bunch of Iron Man comics I picked up in an estate sale so I can sell them before the movie. , they're good! I almost hate to give them up.
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: April 22, 2008 7:25:29 pm
  • You will definitely have to tell us how it is. I plan on seeing it opening night here with a group of my friends.
  • Posted: May 2, 2008 2:24:09 am
  • I have now seen the movie and it is definetly a great movie. I loved it. Many scenes are just wow... and the story is pretty good. I won't say too much here, but you should go see it for sure.

Robert D. J. is great as Tony Stark. I was a bit afraid that Gweneth Palthrow would be to week in the role but she did very well. Also Jeff Bridges was brilliant. He looked so different LOL.

Go see it Smile
  • Posted: May 2, 2008 7:51:26 am
  • Agreed. I have never heard so many people clap at a movie!

Jon favreau directed the out of it, and the writing was great. I don't know if I had low expectations of Jeff Bridges, but he did an exceptional job as Stane. I suspect that robert Downey Jr. IS Tony Stark, he just hides the genius inventor side from the rest of the world. And his relationship with Gwyneth Paltrow was great. It doesn't go where you expect it to, really.

Can't wait to see this again, then for 2 & 3.

Last edited May 2, 2008 10:43:12 am
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
  • Posted: May 2, 2008 9:00:47 am
  • just to let everyone know, when you see this movie, stay until the end of the credits.
    there's a nice little surprize that should get some good reactions from the crowd.
  • Posted: May 2, 2008 9:10:06 am
  • Yes, if you haven't heard about it yet, it is quite a treat. I knew about it and still had to say " yeah!" when I saw it.
  • Posted: May 3, 2008 8:32:45 am
  • Awww.. someone pm it to me... I didn't see it.
37 posts • Page 1 of 4
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • First Second Books's Asgardians Hard Cover # 1
  • Aladdin Books's Dragons of Ember City TPB # 2
  • Faro's Lounge's Faro's Lounge: American Safari Sketchbook Issue nn - inauguration
  • DC Comics's Jay Garrick: The Flash Issue # 6