feature requests

O to the M to the F!@#ing G!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Comic Book Forums)

• O to the M to the F!@#ing G!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 20, 2008 5:43:39 pm
  • that video doesnt seem to show anybody on either side doing anything wrong...

the only thing that seemed to be a bit egregious was the cop telling the cameraman that he was going to jail for resisting arrest, which he obviously didnt do...but cops lie quite often, sometimes for strategic reasons to keep people afraid, even though they may not actually charge that person with everything he said he is being charged with

the video begins way too late, as with crappy political reporting, it takes things out of context, who knows what those kids did before hand

anyway, i hate fat cops, they shouldnt be allowed to exist on the force...but what violence i saw, was necessary from what could be seen....so um yeah...fire the cop for being out of shape, but not for doing what he did in that video
    http://comicbookrealm.com/jkoswald/collection check out my collection...selling everything (piles labeled "for sale" only) at 20% of value (80% off)...check my forum posting in the selling section for details
  • Posted: April 20, 2008 6:44:21 pm
  • maybe it's just me, maybe by the standards of today's youths, i'm considered old, but as far as i'm concerned the police are right in both videos.

in the 1st the officer kept saying they were in violation of a city ordinance (sp?).
    odds are their are signs posted that say no skateboarding.
    most, if not all, of the kids repeated failed to do what was asked of them by the officer.
    the thing i liked was that you can hear another citizen, sounded like an older lady, telling them what they're doing wrong.
    and towards the end of the video when they head down the sidewalk, you here the lady say something else and a boy in a dark shirt appears to turn around and give her the middle finger.
    not only total disrespect for the police but also for their elders.
    they got what they deserved.
    but that's my opinion.

in the 2nd video, again, failure to follow simple requests and lack of respect for the officer.

personally, see this type of behavior all the time.
    there are signs posted everywhere in the shopping center, where the movie theater i run is, that say no skateboarding.
    but kids are always riding the boards there w/ no regard to the posted rules.
    when you say something to them, they usually respond w/ some sort of bad language that should be coming out of the mouths of kids their age.
    when a officer shows up and tells them, they take off running.
    that would be called fleeing and eluding police and that is an actual charge.

so, to quote the title of this thread "O to the M to the F!@#ing G!!!!!!!!!!!!! ", i think these kids need a good lesson in respect at home.
    i hate to see how they talk to their parents.
    either that or mommy and daddy think their kids are angels and never hold them accountable for what they do and always bail them out of probelms.

anyway, sorry for the rant, but the police did no wrong in my opinion.
  • Posted: April 20, 2008 6:52:52 pm
  • i skate, i cuss nothin wrong wit a little of both, but i know my bonderes.
    DROP IT LIKE ITS HOT
  • Posted: April 20, 2008 7:00:09 pm
  • [quote:ab84414e29="mandarin"]i skate, i cuss nothin wrong wit a little of both, but i know my bonderes.[/quote:ab84414e29]

the key there is knowing your bounderies.
    i skated when i was younger and cussed but when addressed by a police officer there was respect and certainly no cussing.
    the kids in the videos, to me, seem to not know any bounderies.
  • Posted: April 20, 2008 7:02:37 pm
  • I saw both of those when they first came out (I think about a year+ ago).

While I don't condone what the police did and I suspect they were punished accordingly, my guess is that all of the boarders as well were punished.

What a lot of people think is that "hey I am not doing anything wrong, so I am safe". Well...there are obscure laws that people don't know about. But one thing they always seem to forget is that when an officer of the law tells you to stop...you must stop. If you don't you can be arrested for failure to comply with an officer, and disturbing the peace.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: April 20, 2008 8:29:34 pm
  • by the way, skateboarding laws are complete bull, they shouldnt exist, as they dont create any danger to anyone (i am talking about outdoor boarding only)
    http://comicbookrealm.com/jkoswald/collection check out my collection...selling everything (piles labeled "for sale" only) at 20% of value (80% off)...check my forum posting in the selling section for details
  • Posted: April 20, 2008 8:46:28 pm
  • Whether they are bull or not is besides the point. The fact that they exist means that you must abide by them.

I am like you and I think that we have bigger fish to fry than to worry about skate boarders.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: April 20, 2008 9:01:22 pm
  • i agree w/ jk and dough boy to a point.
    yes, there are bigger things to worry about.
    but most skateboarding laws are put into affect because the people doing the skateboarding have somehow made it a problem.
    if you have a group of skaters going down a sidewalk full of pedestrians, running into them, then odds are there will be a law made.
    if they are doing tricks using public benches and whatnot, causing damage, then some laws are going to be made.
    then add the attitude and disrespect that was shown in the videos above, it doesn't help.

please, don't get me wrong.
    i am not anti-skateboarding.
    been there, skated that years ago.
    it just iritates me when you see then lack of respect that a lot of the kids have these days.
18 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Avengers: Twilight Issue # 5c
  • Thames & Hudson's How to Draw a Graphic Novel Soft Cover # 1
  • Harry N. Abrams Books's Phenomena  Hard Cover # 2
  • Marvel Comics's Web of Spider-Man Issue # 11b