feature requests

Favourite TV shows of ALL TIME!! (Comic Book Forums)

• Favourite TV shows of ALL TIME!!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: December 17, 2019 2:11:23 pm
  • Obviously we here at CBR love us some comic book based TV shows. Not surprising, really. But we must watch other types of shows as well? No?

Here's my list of all-time favourite TV shows (in no particular order):

Batman (1966-68 ) What's not to love about this show? You can still watch it 50+ years after it aired. That says a lot!!

Banshee (2013-16) If you love extreme violence sprinkled with some hot sexy time, this is the show for you!!

Buffy The Vampire Slayer (1997-2003) This excellent show helped launch Joss Whedon's career. Just excellent writing for teens and females.

Burn Notice (2007-13) The best spy show of all time!! And it stars Bruce Campbell as well? I'm sold.

Xena: Warrior Princess (1995-2001) A perfect mixture of action, comedy and drama. This is definitely one of the funnest shows of all time!! Without this show airing,you might not be watching as many comic book related shows now.

South Park (1997-2019) Still going strong after 23 seasons!! Impossible, you say? Not if you like over-the-top comedy.

Todd & The Book Of Pure Evil (2010-12) A Canadian high school show with a tonne of inventive swearing, GWAR-inspired horror/gore and more pot references than you can shake a stick (of weed) at!!

Last edited December 17, 2019 2:13:14 pm
  • Posted: December 17, 2019 3:55:45 pm
  • Cool topic brucifer.
    I am going to try and steer away from comic based shows if I can help it, and see what I can come up with.

For comedies, I like Workaholics and Married with Children. Workaholics is freaking insanely hilarious. Married with children, I didn't truly appreciate the humor when it was on air, but now rewatching it, it is comedy gold.

Trailer Park boys is another. Fellow canadians too. I have the first 8 seasons or so and 3 of the movies in my stash.

I don't watch too much current stuff. Originality is hard to come by, but I do love the oldies. Brings me back to simpler times....Gilligans Island, I dream of Jeanie, Bewitched, Leave it to beaver, Little house on the prarie, Andy griffith show, Dennis the menace, Munsters, Addams family, Bonanza...stuff like that.

Last edited December 17, 2019 3:56:41 pm
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: December 17, 2019 3:56:18 pm
  • I'll play along Brucifer! Man, there are so many to choose from lol

Batman - good call on this one Bruce, I watched this a lot when I was a kid
    Seinfeld
    Cheers
    Magnum P.I.
    Breaking Bad
    The Office
    Parks & Rec
    Archer
    Rick and Morty
    The Simpsons
    Andy Griffith
    Dukes of Hazzard
    The Fall Guy
    Family Guy
    and my all time favorite show is....

COACH - starring Craig T. Nelson and the great Jerry Van . The funnier of the two brothers in my opinion. I love this show!!

Last edited December 18, 2019 7:32:36 pm
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: December 17, 2019 4:08:10 pm
  • Good call on the Office MacheteF7
    I watch that almost daily
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: December 18, 2019 4:18:14 pm
  • My list isn't that large as I wanted to include the best of the best. I purposely didn't include much in the way of comic book inspired TV shows or my list would have been gigantic.

Spector: I was right on the bubble for including 1) Workaholics (great fun show, sorry it's done), 2) It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia (which is still going strong) and 3) Trailer Park Boys (Canada's best kept secret? I'm stoked it's available on Netflix).
    I also enjoy some of the classics like Gilligan's Island, Munsters, Hogan's Heroes and Three's Company, but those type of shows, while still enjoyable, are quite dated.

MacheteF7: I also liked your list and I would have gladly included Archer, but the last couple of seasons are not funny compared to the first five, which were totally hilarious.

I highly doubt anyone has seen Todd & The Book Of Pure Evil as it only aired in Canada on the Space channel. If you enjoy South Park, Family Guy, Trailer Park Boys, Beavis & Butthead and Jon Benjamin Has A Van, this is the show for you. Weird, fun, twisted, evil, pot-infused comedy awaits you!!
  • Posted: December 18, 2019 8:35:30 pm
  • Some of my favorites not mentioned yet

Peaky Blinders - it's like Sons of Anarchy but in the 1920's ( if you decide to watch this give it a couple of episodes before deciding if you like it or not)

Ray Donovan- a fixer with a very storied background and a crazy family

The Americans - named best tv show of the decade 2010-2019

Spartacus- lots of gore and nudity, Season 1 & 2 were really good, but season 3 fell short as the lead actor had to leave due to his battle with cancer.

I'll add more as I think of them

Last edited December 19, 2019 2:44:52 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: December 20, 2019 4:38:00 pm
  • non comic book division

The Simpsons
    I Love Lucy
    Futurama
    Arrested Development
    Star Trek
    Star Trek: The Next Generation
    Night Court
    Married With Children
    Sesame Street
    The Price is Right
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Archie Comics Group's Betty & Veronica: Friends Forever - Fairy Tales Issue # 1the616-c
  • Vertigo's Hellblazer TPB # 1
  • Ablaze Media's The Prism Issue # 7
  • Tome Press's Witness to War TPB # 1