feature requests

Video Games (Comic Book Forums)

• Video Games

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 29, 2018 8:34:37 am
  • If this has been done I apologize, I've only been here since June but haven't seen anything on the topic.

I feel like gamers and comic book collectors mesh pretty well, they might go hand in hand even. I've been playing video games since I was a kid and still play today just not as much as I used to. What are your favorite games of all time? What platform(s) do you use? What are you currently playing? Open discussion about anything game related.

My gaming system timeline :
    Atari 2600, Texas Instruments T1-99, NES, Sega Genesis, Super NES, Sega CD, PS1, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One

My Top 5 Favorite games/series:
    1. Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
    2. Skyrim
    3. Call of Duty:Modern Warfare 1 & 2 / Black Ops 1
    4. Fallout 3 & 4
    5. GTA series

Honorable mentions : Legend of Zelda(NES), The Last of Us, Gran Turismo, Splinter Cell, Madden, Red Dead Redemption, Minecraft, Diablo III.

I am currently playing Fallout 4 still and a little Diablo III off and on.

Last edited October 29, 2018 3:10:21 pm
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: October 29, 2018 2:36:21 pm
  • There was a thread last year about games, but it was board games not video games. I have only played one video game in the last twenty years: Angry Birds.

I had a Super NES in the '90s and only played Zelda and Golf at the time. I see by Machete's list that he has been playing since the very beginning. I hear about many video games all the time, as most of my friends still play video games into their 50's. I guess it's here to stay?
  • Posted: October 29, 2018 8:26:13 pm
  • My first system was an Intellivision. I had 1, 2 and 3 of that.
    Then on to the Sega Genesis and played the out of that too. Most of my friends had all the new systems that came out, so I never was deprived.
    The big leap from there was the PS2. Next got the kids the Wii, and much later the Xbox 360.
    I got a deal last year at work on an Xbox One S for about $70 and that is my current system and probably the only one I will have for awhile.
    I don't even have all the games I own loaded, but will play the ones that are here and there.
    Loaded and played:
    Street Figher 30th anniversary collection (newest buy)
    Injustice 2
    Amazing Spider-man 2 (played that more than any of the others)
    Marvel vs capcom infinite
    Batman the enemy within
    Resident evil revelations
    Madden 18
    COD WWII

Not even opened from the seal yet:
    Megaman Legacy collection 2
    The walking dead A new frontier
    RBI baseball 2017

I get some crazy deals at work, or else I wouldn't even have any of these games.
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: October 29, 2018 8:57:49 pm
  • I totally spaced on this...but also have the sega genesis retro mini console. I have a handful of cartridges I got from a store here that sells all the old consoles and games. I have the Atari flashback as well, but haven't tried it out. I have too much junk plugged in/hooked up to stuff and will have to try it out one day.
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: October 30, 2018 3:33:56 am
  • I've been a gamer since the early 90's (started with the FamiCom console) playing Super Mario, Adventure Island etc.. Still have the NES and have added PSP, PS2, Ps3 (Ps4 is still too expensive for me here in Africa). Favourite franchise is undoubtedly Metal Gear Solid and Skyrim, but love playing High Heat Baseball, Last of Us, Bioshock, Crysis, Mass Effect, Dante's Inferno, GTA, of War and a few racing games here and there.
    "In times like these it's good to remember that there has always been times like these..."
  • Posted: October 30, 2018 7:38:48 am
  • @Spector
    The Batman and Walking Dead games made by Telltale are amazing games to play, I highly recommend them. They are great stories that force you to make key decisions that affect the game and will have you second guessing your actions. I have played many of their games including the Walking Dead series, Batman, Back To the Future, Game of Thrones, etc. Unfortunately Telltale is on hiatus right now due to financial instability.

@RipTorn
    Dante's Inferno was such a great game. I don't think it got as much credit as it deserved. The graphics were beautiful, the mechanics and fighting were good and it was a great depiction of the Divine Comedy. I loved that game!
    nem·e·sis
    noun
  • Posted: October 30, 2018 8:21:24 am
  • I was a gamer long before getting into comics, but I definitely agree that the two pastimes/hobbies/interests/passions are complementary. My first gaming system was a Super NES which myself & my three sibings saved our allowances to buy. Super Mario was the jam back in the day. We also had a Sega Genesis growing up (we played a ton of Streets of Rage II & what was that amazing game where you could be one of four classes in a fantasy setting with runes & whatnot? OMG I LOVED THAT GAME SO MUCH). I had a GameBoy Color solely for playing Pokemon (I now have a DS for that purpose), specifically I played Pokemon Sapphire & now Pearl. I was always very into PC gaming as well, I'd have to correct myself & say that technically THAT was my first system; faves there were (going from very early on to later) Doom, Jill of the Jungle, Duke Nukem, Worms, Tomb Raider, Leisure Suit Larry, the Sims, Everquest, Titan Quest, the list could go forever. Currently, I'm a PlayStation gal. I have a PS3 & a PS4. I play the Last of Us & Heavy Rain (& sometimes Skyrim) on the 3, & I play Skyrim & Diablo III on the 4. I've also played the Mass Effect & Dragon Age games on them, as well as a bit of Destiny (not my thing).
  • Posted: October 30, 2018 11:10:28 am
  • I play very little these days. The last thing I was playing on a regular basis was War Robots on iOS. As an aside, Battle of Titans also looks pretty good, so I may have to give that one a try.

BUT! I used to be a die hard gamer. If I wasn't spending money on comics, you could find me in the Aladdin's Castle in the mall. Put my initials in many games down there. Those were good times indeed.

As for home systems, here's the list that I owned at one time or another:
    Atari 2600
    ColecoVision
    Intellivision
    Sega Master System
    NES
    Turbo Grafx 16
    Sega Genesis
    SNES
    Sega CD
    NEO GEO
    Atari Jaguar
    GameCube
    PlayStation
    PS2
    PS3
    PS4
    Wii

It helped that I worked at a buy/sell/trade game store for 3 years. Some of these systems I had multiples and multiple flavors of as well. For example, I had all 3 types of Genesis consoles, and both types of Sega CDs. At one point, I think I had 10 NES consoles just stacked in a corner.

I ended up selling just about everything in one big eBay auction a while back. Kind of wish I hadn't done that, but oh well. At least I have a lot more room for comics now! Dancing

Last edited October 30, 2018 11:33:02 am
    In pursuit of what Marvel considers the entire Hulk legacy run... with a few adjustments.

Current level of completeness: 71.04%
  • Posted: October 30, 2018 11:23:03 am
  • Oooh, I forgot Wii & iOs!

My family had a Wii when I was in college & we played a ton of the sports games, as well as Paper Mario, Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, & Smash Bros.

I have been & still am addicted to Summoners War on iOs for about four years, now. I run four accounts, three on tablets & one on my phone. It's a problem.
  • Posted: October 30, 2018 11:27:09 am
  • Hulk Collector said:
    It helped that I worked at a buy/sell/trade game store for 3 years. Some of these systems I had multiples and multiple flavors of as well. For example, I had all 3 types of Genesis consoles, and both types of Sega CDs. At one point, I think I had 10 NES consoles just stacked in a corner.

For retro systems I currently have a NES, Sega Genesis and a N64 that I want to eventually hook them all up to a TV in my future comic/game room that will be my loft in my house. That is a ways down the road though.
    nem·e·sis
    noun
68 posts • Page 1 of 7
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Mad Cave Studios's Love Me: A Romance Story Issue # 1
  • Schanes & Schanes's Seven Dreams of Sinbad Issue nn
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 80b
  • Marvel Comics's Ultimate X-Men Issue # 2c