feature requests

Table top board games. (Comic Book Forums)

• Table top board games.

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 31, 2018 8:51:06 pm
  • I was reading the Risk thread and figured i would start one for people that like to play table top games.
    We play Pandemic, house on haunted hill, superfight, forbidden island, catann, etc..
    What are some other games that i may like?
    My kids are 15 and 13 year old boys.
  • Posted: March 31, 2018 10:12:22 pm
  • Ticket to Ride is very entertaining. Also, for games that can be played in a relatively short amount of time, I would try Qwirkle, Tsuro, and Zombie Dice.
  • Posted: April 1, 2018 9:24:55 pm
  • I plan on picking up ticket to ride. i was also looking at 7 wonders and smallworld. Any chance you have played them?
  • Posted: April 2, 2018 12:41:26 pm
  • I've played them ALL in the last decade. Ticket To Ride is one of the best board games for all ages. I'll throw in Splendor, Azul and Dice Forge in the mix as well.
    There are some better board games (table top?) that are for the more advanced players. Try Tzolk'in, Lords Of Waterdeep, Dominion, 7 Wonders, Stone Age and Photosyhnthesis. Any questions about those or other games, feel free to PM me with any questions.

Last edited April 2, 2018 12:42:06 pm
  • Posted: April 2, 2018 1:09:12 pm
  • Just purchased Inn. I plan on playing it this weekend, will let you know how it works out. 7 Wonders and Dead of winter has been on my list of games to play for a while now.
  • Posted: April 2, 2018 1:19:27 pm
  • I try and play board games every weekend!! My collection has gotten totally out of hand. Never heard of Inn, but 7 Wonders is a blast. I've never had the pleasure of playing a seven person game of 7 Wonders. The more the merrier when it comes to that particular game. There is a killer version of 7 Wonders that is a two player version only called DUEL that will help you learn how to play and understand the original version as well. Highly, highly recommended.
  • Posted: April 2, 2018 5:10:13 pm
  • I have seen some episodes of TableTop, some games i have learned to play by watching that show. Thanks for the link and the suggestions! I would think there are some more people here that play board games, not just collect comics. Feel free to chime in!! I will give an update when i get a chance to play inn.
  • Posted: April 16, 2018 2:02:49 pm
  • So i played Inn with a couple of friends this weeked.
    What an interesting game! The replay value is high. It is a cooperative game, yet there is also a single gameplay element to it, somebody wins! Your family owns an inn, all players are part of your family. You rob the people that stay at your inn, or kill them. You have to dispose of the bodies and watch out for the cops. We played this game through a few times with different strategies. This game will be on the top shelf on our game night for a while.
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Penguin Workshop's A Who HQ Hard Cover # 10
  • IDW Publishing's Archie: Best of Dan DeCarlo TPB # 1
  • Image Comics's Feral Issue # 1awe yeah
  • Marvel Comics's Marvel Comics Presents Issue # 171