feature requests

"Risk" anyone? (Comic Book Forums)

• "Risk" anyone?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: November 27, 2017 12:48:49 pm
  • Does anyone else like to play risk (or other strategy based map/dice games)? If so create a free account here and look me up to play some games!

https://dominating12.com?referrer=46340
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: November 27, 2017 3:10:23 pm
  • Sorry Dough Boy, I still play board games all the time, but not Risk. There are hundreds of better games invented in the last decade or so. I prefer "live" games with my pals as it is much more fun and no one really cares who wins or loses, as long as we have fun (and get good and buzzed).

Some suggestions for excellent board games: Carcassonne, Tzolk'in, Dominion, Lords of Waterdeep, Dice Forge, Ticket to Ride, Stone Age, 7 Wonders, Splendor, Ascension, Hacienda, Puerto Rico, Dice City, Settlers of Catan and Tyrants of the Underdark.
  • Posted: November 27, 2017 3:13:25 pm
  • I agree...in person is better. Problem is I think there are only a handful of CBR members who live remotely close to me. Smile
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: November 27, 2017 3:17:12 pm
  • I'm based in Toronto, so it's not like I can hit up too many fellow CBR members either!
  • Posted: November 27, 2017 4:53:55 pm
  • brucifer said:
    …Some suggestions for excellent board games: Carcassonne, Tzolk'in, Dominion, Lords of Waterdeep, Dice Forge, Ticket to Ride, Stone Age, 7 Wonders, Splendor, Ascension, Hacienda, Puerto Rico, Dice City, Settlers of Catan and Tyrants of the Underdark.

Ticket to Ride is a great game. I can recommend Qwirkle and Tsuro as other enjoyable games to have around.
  • Posted: November 28, 2017 9:36:36 pm
  • The game Risk is an obsession, and a hatred. The reason I hate it is the dice. I always lose games of chance. I don't play the lottery of buy raffle tickets. Because I lose so miserably at dice games, I will ponder/obsess whether there is a logical way to overcome the randomness. I have a very old computer game called Conquest that is a clone of Risk.

http://www.windowsgames.co.uk/conquest.html

It's actually the only game that I have on my computer. I never registered it, so I can only play the computer and it cheats in my opinion. I've gotten pretty good at beating it, but the game becomes predictable and I'm beating it the same way.

I'm not going to play any online computer games, but I have strong emotions about losing Risk repeatedly because of the dice. I could have triple the amount of armies as my opponent and I'd still lose.

I don't really like playing games because I have so many other things consuming my time. My favorite board game was a 3M bookshelf game called Twixt. I call it a game of evasive aggression. No randomness, just pure strategy.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 68 years, 67 days, 4 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Adam's Apple Distributing's Judy Tunafish Issue # 1
  • DC Comics's Power Girl: Special Issue # 1d
  • Marvel Comics's Star Wars: Doctor Aphra Issue # 32
  • Whatnot Publishing's The North Valley Grimoire Issue # 1d