feature requests

DCTV (Comic Book Forums)

• DCTV

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 18, 2017 3:53:23 pm
  • Marvel may be winning the movie competition, but do you think they are losing on broadcast television?

Do what now?
  • Posted: October 19, 2017 8:23:47 am
  • Possible, but I think Marvel has a bigger presence on Netflix. The DC shows are on there as well, but stuff like Iron Fist, Daredevil, Luke Cage, are exclusive to Netflix.
  • Posted: October 19, 2017 9:09:23 am
  • True, but that is a streaming service vs. Broadcast television. More money in broadcasting...at least for now.
    Do what now?
  • Posted: October 19, 2017 10:08:30 am
  • Marvel movies are better. No one will argue that one. When it comes to TV: DC's Supergirl, Lucifer, Arrow, Legends and Flash are indeed better than Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Daredevil and Defenders. DC TV shows are a lot more accessible for most. That being said, my favourite comic book TV show right now is Daredevil.
  • Posted: October 19, 2017 8:52:56 pm
  • I agree that the best so far has been daredevil.

DC has been making small strides on the big screen. They beat Marvel to the punch on Wonder Woman, and BLA looks like it won't be only gray scale and sadness like BvS and superman was.
    Do what now?
  • Posted: October 22, 2017 3:42:23 pm
  • Waxxpotato, don't be too surprised if the new JLA movie is indeed "only gray scale and sadness". I'm expecting it!
  • Posted: October 22, 2017 5:08:34 pm
  • With Geoff Johns involved, I will be. Rumor is they brought him in to avoid that!
    Do what now?
  • Posted: October 25, 2017 1:47:21 pm
  • Daredevil is an amazing show. But what bothers me is that they've been bringing all these "B" rated characters into their own shows (Punisher, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones). I mean c'mon get real. When you were reading comics was anyone ever excited about Iron Fist showing up? Were you and your friends drawing Luke Cage or The Inhumans? What's next for their Netflix series? Squirrel Girl? Wonder Man? Darkhawk? ... I think what makes Daredevil such a great show is that it has a wealth of material to draw from, where these other characters just don't have the depth. That's why in comics they usually appeared as a guest and not as the star.

Last edited October 25, 2017 1:49:38 pm
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: October 25, 2017 8:51:01 pm
  • If it makes you feel better, no one is excited when Iron Fist is on the screen either.
    Do what now?
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Schanes & Schanes's Nightmares & Daydreams  Issue nightmares
  • Al Barrett's The Justiciary Issue # 9
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 70b
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine and the X-Men Issue # 20b