feature requests

Beer, any enthusiasts out there? (Comic Book Forums)

• Beer, any enthusiasts out there?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 3, 2013 9:25:09 am
  • labria4 said:
    Flat Earth Brewing company is a microbrewery right in St. Paul. The only beer they put out that I really like is the Mummy train Pumpkin Ale. It's a seasonal though and really hard to come by.

Surly is another local one but I don't really get into their beers. They use a lot of hops and that's not for me. If you really like hops the Surly Furious would be a good one for you.

You from MN? I have a coworker who's big on Surly. He's tried to educate me on the finer points of real brewing, but nothing really sticks. I have the occasional Yeti Imperial when I'm feeling fancy.
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: July 3, 2013 3:46:49 pm
  • joshschr said:
    labria4 said:
    Flat Earth Brewing company is a microbrewery right in St. Paul. The only beer they put out that I really like is the Mummy train Pumpkin Ale. It's a seasonal though and really hard to come by.

Surly is another local one but I don't really get into their beers. They use a lot of hops and that's not for me. If you really like hops the Surly Furious would be a good one for you.

You from MN? I have a coworker who's big on Surly. He's tried to educate me on the finer points of real brewing, but nothing really sticks. I have the occasional Yeti Imperial when I'm feeling fancy.

Yes, I live in Bloomington, MN.
    "You will soon see the distinct advantages of having no scruples whatsoever!" - Cobra Commander
  • Posted: July 3, 2013 7:03:04 pm
  • You know, apparently im a cheap and trashy guy. I love my coors light... its always in my frig, and Im actually not a fan of good beer. At least I admit it.

When i go to beer houses and gardens and such, I used to ask em for somethin trashy until someone nicely explained how i need to ask:

"ask for somethin that finishes clean" she said... and its true. It can have as much flavor as it wants while its in my mouth, but when I swallow, I want it to be gone. I guess thats just kinda how i am.

YOu may let the virtual stoning commence now...
  • Posted: July 3, 2013 7:41:28 pm
  • It's really hard to aim good when I've got a Miller Lite in my other hand. Laughing

Sometimes I like hamburger, sometimes I like steak. Some days I want to read Deadpool, some days I want to read Watchmen. Plenty of room for all tastes.
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: July 3, 2013 8:09:43 pm
  • Ha, true that. I do try to drink nice beer when im out at a place that doesnt serve coors/bud light, and ive had pretty good success so far. I actually think my funniest story is this: i love Sapporo, I think its delicious. But thats because I think it tastes like a japanese coors light (which, if you talk to folks from Japan, it apparently is)

I love it when people from America trash talk coors light, and then talk about how great Sapporo is... i try to point out the irony, no one sees it, I laugh. Its all about packaging apparently.

Anyway, I do generally like the recommendations I get from gardens and such, but of course the problem there is I never remember what I was recommended and liked the next morning... not so much because I was drunk, but because it had a long and consanant filled name... so I just go back to coors
  • Posted: July 3, 2013 9:53:14 pm
  • Tex75455 said:
    You know, apparently im a cheap and trashy guy. I love my coors light... its always in my frig, and Im actually not a fan of good beer. At least I admit it.

When i go to beer houses and gardens and such, I used to ask em for somethin trashy until someone nicely explained how i need to ask:

"ask for somethin that finishes clean" she said... and its true. It can have as much flavor as it wants while its in my mouth, but when I swallow, I want it to be gone. I guess thats just kinda how i am.

YOu may let the virtual stoning commence now...

Nothing wrong with that. I'm in no way a beer snob. People will drink what tastes good to them. Sometimes I grab that 30 pack of Boxer for $12.00. Smile Other days I grab a couple of bottles I have never had before. There are plenty of pricey beers and cheaper beers that I love. There are also a lot that I can't stand.
    "You will soon see the distinct advantages of having no scruples whatsoever!" - Cobra Commander
  • Posted: July 4, 2013 1:26:24 am
  • I'm a pretty senior guy at The Beer Store in Ontario. I take great pride in my beer palate.

It tastes good. HAH!

But seriously...I've been all up on the white beers lately. Rickard's White (or Blue Moon, as someone pointed out. Bonus points for that. It's a pretty little known beer fact), Shock Top, and the Kronenbourg 1664 Blanc is like dessert in a bottle. My tastes go all over the map, though. I just don't like the malty beers or ice beers. They're just a drunk for the sake of drunk. Or the overly light beers. No flavour to them.
    I long for a time when every idea worth fighting for was a new one.
  • Posted: July 4, 2013 10:02:46 pm
  • In honour of Independence Day I'll post my favourite Monty Python beer jokes:
    What does American beer and making love in a canoe have in common?
    Warning! Swear word ahead!

They're both fucking close to water.

Last edited July 4, 2013 10:03:01 pm
  • Posted: July 14, 2013 5:27:33 pm
  • i just tryed "Cold Smoke" beer. think to be from montana. its a scottsh beer and has all the right notes for me.
  • Posted: August 13, 2013 9:58:02 pm
  • Tried lots of different brands of beer over the years there's been good ones and some awful ones. While it's not the best beer i've ever drank usually drink Labatt Blue's over Bud,Coors, And Miller.
20 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Black Widow and Hawkeye Issue # 2c
  • Marvel Comics's Ghost Rider: Final Vengeance Issue # 2btc-b
  • Al Barrett's The Justiciary Issue # 13
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 69b