feature requests

What Got You Into Comics? (Comic Book Forums)

• What Got You Into Comics?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: December 4, 2013 11:36:31 pm
  • Green Lantern 193 was the first comic I bought off a rack. Heading up to a vacation, we stopped at a gas station that still had the old spinning racks. The cover had Hal threatening to kill John and being a kid I thought that was way cool that someone was going to get killed in a comic.
    But Iron Man 196 was my beginning of regular collecting. On my way to one of my football games, mom let me grab something from the bookstore at the mall. For some reason that cover stood out to me, the colors, action. Nothing special nowadays, but for me it was huge. To this day Iron Man is my fave, and no matter what I will not sell my copy of that issue.
  • Posted: December 15, 2013 10:21:01 pm
  • My older brother and sister both collected trading cards and comics and I always loved Batman and Spider-man, so I started picking up comics here and there. Still building my collection today and have never stopped loving superheroes.
22 posts • Page 1 of 3
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • IDW Publishing's Star Trek Issue # 19
  • Ablaze Media's The Prism Issue # 7f
  • Marvel Comics's Web of Spider-Man Issue # 9b
  • Absolute Comics Group's White Widow Issue # 4lab