feature requests

Any suggestions for an easy to use trading card database? (Comic Book Forums)

• Any suggestions for an easy to use trading card database?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 2, 2013 11:30:03 pm
  • I thought I heard Doughboy mention that he was working on one? I can hope. I have tried a few, but they are not what I am looking for. I want a site that is as easy to use as CBR, and has basically the same features.
    I have tried:http://www.sportscarddatabase.com but it does not have non-sport cards
    and: http://www.tradingcarddb.com/ ,but find that it is not that user friendly.
    Any suggestions?
    Looking for TMNT v1 first prints #3,5,6 Whoo Hoo!!!
    not selling anything
  • Posted: April 3, 2013 1:53:57 am
  • Doughboy is (or at least was) working on one. It's one of those things that is on his incredibly long list of things to do, I just don't know how high on the list it is.
  • Posted: April 3, 2013 7:54:54 am
  • Yup...just getting it designed. I have a lot of the code ready to go...for instance I already have 50 or so "binders" with almost 13,000 cards being tracked.

Once I get closer I will put up a "sign up" page where you can request to be notified when beta is available and you can request to be one of the first in the door to help work out the bugs.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: April 3, 2013 3:41:02 pm
  • Count me and my collection of 55k give or take cards in, will it be a trading card database or just sport cards?
    Looking for TMNT v1 first prints #3,5,6 Whoo Hoo!!!
    not selling anything
  • Posted: April 3, 2013 4:43:32 pm
  • Right now just non-sport cards (right now it is just comic related...but I am going to make it all non-sport). Depending on requests I might allow sports cards too...but that would be way down the road.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: April 3, 2013 8:54:49 pm
  • hmph, i think i have a bunch of magic the gathering cards from my younger days somewhere... i think theyre all shoved in a better cheddars box...

and a bunch of star wars cards from even before that...
  • Posted: May 14, 2013 1:40:31 pm
  • Cool. Looking forward to this.
  • Posted: May 16, 2013 6:43:40 pm
  • Sounds great to me.. I have a number of different "comic cards" from time I had comic store..complete collections,
    some still new in the box. and bunches of singles would be great to get them in a data base..
    Please let me know if I can possible help and for sure when you get the data base up..

thanks.. doing a great job Dough
  • Posted: May 16, 2013 9:15:17 pm
  • Well the site is http://nonsportrealm.com.

I am going to work on getting a "sign up" for people to request early access. Once I am ready to start letting people in I will let those people in early. Then once the major kinks are worked out I will unleash on the world.

• Posted: May 16, 2013 10:39:09 pm
  • I have lots of non sports/comic cards, savage dragon, x-men, marvel universe and all.
    One thing I was searching all over the web for before but couldn't find was a site like this or the card one but for action figures. I have a bunch I've collected and variant ones from years i was searching everywhere for a value for.
34 posts • Page 1 of 4
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Image Comics's 7174AD Issue # 1
  • Keenspot Entertainment's Biden's Titans vs Trump's Titans Issue # 1h
  • Search Press's Step-By-Step Manga TPB # 1
  • Ablaze Media's The Agent Issue # 5d