feature requests

The Music Thread (Comic Book Forums)

• The Music Thread

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 13, 2013 2:50:46 pm
  • So... what music does anyone like here? Let's talk about it here! Personally I prefer rock and metal, though I studied classical music so I hear a lot of it too, but mostly contemporary stuff.
  • Posted: January 13, 2013 3:42:21 pm
  • Pretty varied, but I tend to stay mostly within the rock genre.
    Currently Reading:
    Graphic Novels: Nightwing (90s series), Lumberjanes
    Regular Novels: Chronicles of Prydain

Add me on Goodreads
  • Posted: January 13, 2013 11:20:04 pm
  • I'm a metal head from way back, but these past few years I have liked Top 40 stuff, which is mainly due to my Daughters wanting to listen to that stuff all the time in the car,. man listening to that music to please my Daughters, well, you know it can grow on ya'. Very Happy
  • Posted: January 13, 2013 11:56:44 pm
  • Mostly metal, the kind that gets played on Sirius/XM Liquid metal. I tend to like bands that sound like old school death and thrash metal, but any band I find unique and exciting will do. My all time faves inlcude Carcass, Possessed, Death Angel, Sacrifice, Voivod, & Entombed. Some of the more recent bands (since 2000) are: Dillinger Escape Plan, Red Fang, Kvelertak, Early Graves, Baptists, 3 Inches of Blood.

However, my 2 absolute favorite bands are quite less metal: Queens of the Stone Age, and Sloan (Canada's Beatles).
  • Posted: January 14, 2013 1:50:54 am
  • i listen to a very wide array of music.. anything from hip-hop (although most of whats on the radio now is terrible. mostly 90s rap and undergroundish rappers.) to 'classic' rock. Mostly from late 60s to the 70s and some 80s stuff to modern alternative rock to even country if i'm in the right mood for it, although much less of that. Basically anything except for techno and that kind of stuff can be found on my ipod.
  • Posted: January 14, 2013 4:54:20 pm
  • Huh, cool to have much metalheads/rockes here. Most comic book sites I have checked the members are mostly into rap and stuff.

To be honest I do not like any specific genre, I like several bands and artists from different genres. Some of my favorite are Pain of Salvation, The Doors, Magazine, Fields of the Nephilim, Isis, Depech Mode, Sepultura, Pink Floyd, Fear Factory and such. As long as it is interesting, kind of dark and groovy that's fine with me.

Sadly most of the bands I really like have stopped recording, released mediocre records (Fear Factory) or are to lazy to record (Nephilim)
  • Posted: January 14, 2013 5:14:51 pm
  • I listen to pretty much everything, except country.....been on a Type O Negative bender the last few days. My MAIN likes are rap/hip hop (OLD school mostly), rock, doo woop, Motown, 50's-60's.....
  • Posted: January 15, 2013 8:52:32 pm
  • Country would be the mainstay, plus old school 90s rap (the stuff I grew up on).

What really gets me going, however, is classic rock... anything that, if your drunk in a bar at 1 AM and it comes on over the jukebox, everyone starts singing at the top of their lungs together. THAT, my friend, is what life is about, and that music gets me goin.

Oh, and Irish folk/drinkin ballads. (Black Velvet Band, Whiskey in a Jar, etc)
  • Posted: January 16, 2013 8:31:58 am
  • Even if I am not such a great fan of classic rock, not that I dislike it, what you discribe always makes me enjoy this kind of music!. There's nothing better than a bar, drinks, and loud classic rock!
  • Posted: January 17, 2013 6:36:28 pm
  • I listen to a lot of stuff. It just depends on my mood. Some nights it's metal other nights it's rap or punk. Just to give you an idea here are my pandora channels.

Nirvana Radio - Mostly 90s rock music.
    Poison the Well Radio - Lots of Screamo
    The Yuckies radio - Punk and Pop punk and stuff like Amanda Palmer.
    Lesley Gore Radio - 50s and 60s
    Otep Radio - Metal
    Mastodon Radio - Metal
    The Beatles Radio - Classic Rock

I don't have a rap station because I don't like enough of it. If I want to listen to rap I'll put on my ipod.
    "You will soon see the distinct advantages of having no scruples whatsoever!" - Cobra Commander
27 posts • Page 1 of 3
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Giant-Size: The Incredible Hulk Issue # 1b
  • Marvel Comics's Giant-Size: The Incredible Hulk Issue # 1c
  • Image Comics's Hack/Slash: Back To School Issue # 4b
  • Marvel Comics's What If? Venom Issue # 3b