feature requests

Who do you side with? (Comic Book Forums)

• Who do you side with?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 27, 2012 9:44:46 pm
  • Here is an interesting site that gives you questions and based upon your answers tells you who your "ideal" candidate is.

Try this short quiz to see which 2012 presidential candidate you side with...

http://www.isidewith.com/presidential-election-quiz
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: September 27, 2012 9:47:11 pm
  • isidewith said:
    I side with Gary Johnson 86% on most issues in the 2012 Presidential Election.
    That is good...it is who I was going to vote for anyways. Smile
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: September 28, 2012 7:06:25 am
  • I don't pay attention to politics much, and I really hate our system of "two parties". People ask "Are you liberal or conservative?" and it's like .... "I don't lump myself in with anyone, give me an issue and I'll tell you what I think."

So this test was a little eye opening, I guess I agree with liberals more. I have to say the conservative party do seem to have their heads up their quite a lot and often are the party saying ridiculous stupid things, especially about /gays/women/marriage.

Marriage is sacred!!!! That's why any guy and girl can pay $50 in Vegas and get the license. Sacred there.

On an unrelated note, I'd love to have a candidate say "There really isn't one problem in our country that a smaller population wouldn't fix. Please only have kids you can parent/afford." Of course that would put Maury out of a job.

Last edited September 28, 2012 7:10:10 am
  • Posted: September 28, 2012 7:20:54 am
  • Yeah...I hate being "pigeon holed". I would probably align myself more with conservatives, but I support gay marriage and I support abortion as long as it is not being used as birth control. I support hand ups, but not hand outs and I think that our hand outs to the poor should be revamped. Once you are one them there is really no incentive to try and get off. My sister-in-law was on them and we calculated that if she went and got a full time job working 40 hours a week she would bring home an extra $100/month (because once you cross some threshold your support falls off). So does she "bust her " for 40 hours for a measly $25 extra a week, or just stay the same?

"Luckily" she screwed up and got caught having her boyfriend living with her in her $8/month apartment so she was forced to go work.

• Posted: September 28, 2012 8:15:37 pm
  • Eek. Im a political junkie, and on top of it, a disabled veteran.

One point kind of sums it up for me: The GOP would rather spend money, more money, and even more money, to build up our military, instead of spending money on our own poor, education, research and development (yes, not all are winners, but Thomas Edison didnt give up either), and medical. Its backwards.

No matter how we look at it, we are Occupiers. There is actually a War going on. Not many folks seem to care or even know. Yes, everyone supports the troops... that is until the wounded come home, then its atrocious medical care... then Mit lumped me into the 47% when he called me lazy. The GOP just blocked a bill that would help returning veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan get a job easier. Right now the returning vets unemployment is over the national average. The only reason the bill didnt pass was the GOP didnt want to give POTUS a win.

The last draw for me was the GOP Obstruction. If they weren't so up tight that a black man is in office, they would have passed the Jobs Bill to put over a million folks to work on our crumbling infrastructure. Bridges, Water and Gas lines, roads, airports, etc are all in decay. Many haven't been repaired in over 50 years.

There is a town in NY where the water line that runs from the lakes to NYC is in critical condition. The town is no where near water, yet houses and buildings are being flooded. Just take a look on google at gas and water lines breaking every day all over the country.

There is so much I could lay out, but dont want to be too wonky. In this day and time, folks' feelings seem to get hurt by just having a discussion. If they dont agree with your point of view, they will attack your character. Its Fn sad.

I didnt join the Military to fight for one side or the other...I joined to defend all Americans.

It was the Original Bush that led me to join the Military and get interested in politics... ironic that I went from Republican, to Democrat, to Independent leaning Democrat.

It just seems that the only folks the GOP cater to anymore are the Wealthy and White Males, and the Religious Zealots. America is now has more minorities than white. I guess we need to call them the Majorities now heh.

If you sit and listen to Fox News for any period of time, you feel the world is going to end tomorrow. Its fear based and if you have any shred of common sense, you can go and look up what they are saying on fact sights and its just funny. The left is starting to go down the same road as well... to a lesser extent.

If you vote, just please read up on what you feel is important to you. Then listen to both sides. Weigh the facts...and cast your vote. Dont listen to either the left or right TV shows, because they are already saying what you already believe. You need to step outside your comfort zone and actually try and get 2 or 3 resources to support that belief.

I will leave you with this...
    Why wont Mitt reveal a reasonable tax slice? Why does he have money in the Caiman Islands and Swiss Banks?

I just dont feel Mitt has any idea who I am. None.

Its just stupid to say that losing 800,000 jobs a month is better than 3 and a half years of positive private sector growth. Yea, there are still folks out there that are struggling and we are getting there. We had the second worst economic disaster in our History and yet we are supposed to lump everyone on President Obama to pull us out in 4 year? Come on... its going to take a long time to climb back... but I will say, it could have gone better if you put our folks back to work fixing our Infrastructure...but thats a dream since the GOP rather crash and burn our political system than give the POTUS a win. Thats just about as un-American as you can get... and Ive let my Senators and Representatives know just how I feel.

I just dont understand why some Americans hate their own government. Seriously...yet its ok to tell a women to have an abortion and get a trans-vaginal probe... and look away if they dont like it?( Yes my most intelligent idiot of a Governor said that).

Most of the folks that say, less Government... HAVE GOVERNMENT JOBS! LOL. Look, the Govt can help folks get back on their feet and lift our spirits up. Because one thing is an absolute fact... Trickle Down Economics dont work because since Regan, the Rich have kept their money while the Minimum Wage and Worker wages have stayed stagnant for over 30 years... where the jobs? So much for the tax cuts. I will say this, when Clinton raised taxes, we wound up balancing the budget for the first time. There are some other factors, but it was a huge help. Even Regan raised them 13-18 times, whoever you believe.

I wonder if Grover Norquist would let President Regan in the GOP today?

Heh Sorry.. i get carried away.

I do a lot of reading... heh.

*edit: Horrible Speller

Last edited September 28, 2012 8:55:38 pm
    I celebrate myself, And what I assume you shall assume. For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you. -Walt Whitman
  • Posted: September 28, 2012 8:41:17 pm
  • So did you take the survey?

• Posted: September 28, 2012 8:56:24 pm
  • Just finished. ... I still have half my collection to catalog but not sure I can take anymore tonight...heh
    I celebrate myself, And what I assume you shall assume. For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you. -Walt Whitman
  • Posted: October 1, 2012 11:41:09 am
  • Okay so I'm not American, but alot of the questions can be transferred to Australian politics (except maybe stuff like Space Programs - our space program costs all: it's called looking up Razz): I ended up with 89% for Jill Stein, 86% for Obama, 59% for Gary Johnson, and 11% for Romney (which is perhaps unsurprising to anyone that's ever talked politics with me). I'm not overly fond of strict party systems, or rigid ideologies, but I guess if I was forced to label myself it would be as a social-democrat.
    'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.'
  • Posted: October 1, 2012 12:57:26 pm
  • QLORN You have my vote and admiration, hunfortunately both parties have pre designed agendas that have little to do with improving things. Until we break the 2 party system I don"t think things will change much.

Dough Boy it is true that there are people that lack incentive to go back to work, however I have worked for non profits all my life and most people would rather earn their money, especially if they think they can betteer themselves in the long run. An extra $ 25 a month is not a lot but it can open otheer doors in the future if we didn"t have a corporate welfare system that awards layoffs firins and hiring and abuse of illegal .

• Posted: October 1, 2012 1:15:15 pm
  • Oh I agree. There was a recent study in MO where they found that people were turning down promotions and raises ($.50/hour) because it would mean an end to their benefits. So MO is doing the right thing and essentially taxing the raises. So you might lose a little of your benefits now (maybe 3%) and you might only get to keep say $.30/hour of the raise, but at least you are earning more and have more coming in so eventually you can get off of assistance.

It is just hard to force people off cold turkey...

15 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 68 years, 74 days, 11 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Rebellion's 2000 A.D. Issue # 2333
  • Cat-Head Comics's Dog Boy Choice Cuts & Happy Endings TPB # 1
  • Inland Empire Health Plan | IEHP's Eradicator Issue # 1
  • IDW Publishing's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Saturday Morning Adventures - Continued  Issue # 1crain