feature requests

What is the best way to get older comic books? (Comic Book Forums)

• What is the best way to get older comic books?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 17, 2012 10:45:42 pm
  • I used to be really into comics and I have started to get back into them. I have taken a liking to "The New 52" reboot of DC and I was looking into getting those. I went to the comic store the other day and they only had #12 and #11 of any of those. What is the best way to get the first 10? I don't need first prints or anything, I just want to read them.
    choosehottubsdirect reviews

Last edited March 15, 2014 7:40:10 pm
  • Posted: August 18, 2012 2:05:31 am
  • Midtown Comics has quite a few back issues except for the super-popular titles like Batman, Justice League, etc. But some titles like The Flash, they still have 1st printings in stock. So I'd go there and get the ones you want, then get any others on ebay.

Alternatively, you could buy the TPBs?
    'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.'
  • Posted: August 19, 2012 1:07:05 pm
  • You could always try ebay as well.
    Don of the D.E.DImage
  • Posted: August 19, 2012 1:30:26 pm
  • deviddiya said:
    I used to be really into comics and I have started to get back into them. I have taken a liking to "The New 52" reboot of DC and I was looking into getting those. I went to the comic store the other day and they only had #12 and #11 of any of those. What is the best way to get the first 10? I don't need first prints or anything, I just want to read them.

U can try on here to see if someone has them to sell or try mycomicshop.com or eBay
  • Posted: September 5, 2015 1:42:05 am
  • ebay is better choice
  • Posted: September 5, 2015 12:13:20 pm
  • Or Craigslist. You may not get as good of a selection but you'll probably get a better price via Craigslist than on eBay.
  • Posted: September 8, 2015 1:08:46 am
  • have you ever tried ebay?? I am sure you will get few books from this site.
  • Posted: September 15, 2015 8:29:15 am
  • When you said older comics I thought you meant pre-1980 Laughing The New 52 print runs were pretty high and should be easy to find. A lot of the first issues also went through 2nd and 3rd printings. I'd check some of the local comic shops or see if there's a show coming around, and if not as mentioned ebay is a good way to find issues.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: September 15, 2015 12:55:54 pm
  • If you just want to read them you could pick up the Trade Paperbacks. They collect the early issues. Book store chains and Amazon stock them, among other places.
12 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Aladdin Books's Dragons of Ember City Hard Cover # 2
  • Chronicle Books's Star Wars: Dad Jokes Hard Cover # 1
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 81b
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine: First Class Issue # 9b