feature requests

Horror movie fans, where do you rank? (Comic Book Forums)

• Horror movie fans, where do you rank?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 30, 2012 12:02:53 pm
  • http://-disgusting.com/news/3152079/take-the-expanded-ultimate-horror-challenge-how-do-you-rank-now/

I think it's a pretty good diverse list, at least in the realm of horror. I'm kind of a movie junkie, I've seen 66 of these, although I have no interest in the Universal Classic Monsters, Troll 2 [i started watching it and even drinking beer it was too bad to watch], and The Host [looks silly].

I just watched "Oldboy" this weekend and wow .... if you don't mind foreign films then I would recommend it. Very unique plot and has a great fight scene [filmed in one take]. It's true what they say in this quiz, the less you know about it the better ... same goes for "Audition".
  • Posted: July 30, 2012 1:42:13 pm
  • Good job! I've only seen 57 of these movies. Never heard of "Audition", but now, I wanna see it..
  • Posted: July 30, 2012 1:48:07 pm
  • i come in at 65.

i will say that i am both disappointed and somewhat surprised that my absolute favorite movie of all time was not included.
    and it's definitely a better horror movie than A LOT that were on the list.
  • Posted: July 30, 2012 3:45:14 pm
  • 1573 said:
    i come in at 65.

i will say that i am both disappointed and somewhat surprised that my absolute favorite movie of all time was not included.

Well .... what was it? Smile

I don't know if I could pick a favorite horror title. Halloween has got to be up there, but Halloween 4 and Friday the 13th part 4 are right up there too.

For a series though, I have to go with Phantasm 1-4. Really cool visuals in these movies.
  • Posted: July 30, 2012 3:48:11 pm
  • Vengeance said:
    Good job! I've only seen 57 of these movies. Never heard of "Audition", but now, I wanna see it..

Do it, it's a great film. One thing about these foreign films, they have creepier scenes than American horror movies most of the time. I still remember "The Eye", the original version, which had a spook moment that even made me jump, and I hardly ever jump.

I still need to see "Tale of Two Sisters", although I just found out I watched an American movie based on it, but I've heard it's a little different.
  • Posted: July 30, 2012 3:58:27 pm
  • I guess I "Need Meds" for coming in at 61. Shocked
    fsjeter's John Romita Sr Spider Man Covers album on Photobucket
  • Posted: July 30, 2012 4:21:25 pm
  • abysslord said:
    1573 said:
    i come in at 65.

Well .... what was it? Smile

here's my top 10.
    numbers 4, 6 and 7 made the list.
    but not #1.

1. the original texas chainsaw massacre
    2. star wars: a new hope
    3. almost famous
    4. the original halloween
    5. original planet of the apes
    6. se7en
    7. jaws
    8. major league
    9. a time to kill
    10. top gun
  • Posted: July 30, 2012 6:02:33 pm
  • I only rank as "Hardcore" at 45. d'oh!
  • Posted: July 30, 2012 6:10:26 pm
  • 1573 said:

here's my top 10.
    numbers 4, 6 and 7 made the list.
    but not #1.

1. the original texas chainsaw massacre
    2. star wars: a new hope
    3. almost famous
    4. the original halloween
    5. original planet of the apes
    6. se7en
    7. jaws
    8. major league
    9. a time to kill
    10. top gun

Texas is #17 on the list, guess you flew by it Smile

• Posted: July 30, 2012 6:49:03 pm
  • 63, not bad
34 posts • Page 1 of 4
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • LoveLove Publishing's A Beast's Descent Into Love Soft Cover # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Edge of Spider-Verse Issue # 3f
  • Random House Childrens Books's Garfield Movie: Pictureback Soft Cover # 1
  • Ablaze Media's The Prism Issue # 7