feature requests

New Member introductions (Comic Book Forums)

• New Member introductions

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 29, 2007 7:51:39 am
  • jkoswald-

Hopefully you find therapy here!

Welcome.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: July 2, 2007 9:17:50 am
  • Hi All,
    I'm a computer game artist who has 30+ years of comics that I have been looking forward to cataloging. My Comic Pile is fantastic and in more ways than one, is exactly what I have been looking for. I am very happy to have found it. I plan to contribute as much as I can because this place truly deserves it. I'm around 10 percent of the way through entering my collection and already have found 21 covers to scan and upload.

[color=green:64c0026daa][b:64c0026daa],The Green Ghost[/b:64c0026daa][/color:64c0026daa]
  • Posted: July 10, 2007 9:07:02 pm
  • Hello,
    my name is liberty. I am returning to collecting after being away since high school. The dark tower gunsliner born title is what brought me back into the fold. I am a huge King fan.
    I aslo collect ultimate spder-man ( I am missing # 5 for full run) and some x-men. my scanner is down. when I get a new one i have some great covers to add.

mcp rocks!! what a great way to develop and support the comic community!!! Thanks for you hard work!!
  • Posted: July 11, 2007 7:54:42 pm
  • Hi There,

My name is Matt and I'm from New Zealand.

Been reading comics regularly for about 13 years now.

Mainly collect DC comics (too many to list here), but also read Usagi Yojimbo, Battle Pope, Transformers and a few other random ones.

That's about it from me. Have a nice day!!
    Currently Reading:
    Graphic Novels: Nightwing (90s series), Lumberjanes
    Regular Novels: Chronicles of Prydain

Add me on Goodreads
  • Posted: September 26, 2007 2:14:34 pm
  • deaditeash here...

Might as well chime in. I've collected comics off and on since I was about 14 or so...jumped over from Baseball cards. I dropped out in 2003 with birth of baby #1 hopped back in briefly after life settled down a bit and then back out with birth of baby #2. Now that things have settled again i recently happend across this site and finally entered my collection mostly for insurance purposes but am feeling the collecting bug again - am more interested in older stuff i suppose but love:

Conan, Red Sonja - and anything similar to likes of ERB and REH
    Marvel: Spider-Man, Wolverine
    DC: Justice League
    and 80's stuff such as Transformers, GI-Joe...
  • Posted: October 15, 2007 9:18:39 am
  • Hello Everyone

I am not a new member but have not posted here to say hello when I did join. I started to collect comics when i was in 5th grade i started with robotech my mother with take me to the local convince store that sold them before school and we would be the 3 issues one for each series at that time. From there i then moved up to going to a comic book store and started to collect Transformers, GI Joe and Star Wars. Eventually moving onto Daredevil, Moon Knight, The Amazing Spider, The Uncanny X-men, THor, and Iron Man just to name a few.

I stopped collecting around 1995 I am not sure why just one day stopped. Anyway about one year ago I have started back up going back to my old favorites like Daredevil, Thor, X-men and such. I have my son collecting also he gets the Marvel Adventure comics.

I also wanted to give a big thank you to Dough Boy for this great site to keep track of my comics.
  • Posted: April 16, 2008 1:39:11 pm
  • Hey guyS! My name is Pate or Capt, whatever you wanna call me.

I came across this site one day looking for a pricing guide. I gotta say it's a pretty cool site.

I'm new to the comic collecting world so my collection isn't that big. But it's still growing! Right now i'm only collecting marvel and anything hellboy(HUGE FAN of hellboy).
  • Posted: April 16, 2008 6:53:20 pm
  • Hey guys,

I was in need of a price guide and came across this site. Totally digging it. Most people just call me G. Been a big comic guy in the 80s and 90's then fell off the comic wagon when i got to college. since i graduated I decided to get back in the swing of things and build my collection up again. Mostly collecting key issues from the bronze age stuff right now with a few key modern age stuff until i can move up and grab those classic silver age stuff. Appreciate all the stuff you guys put into this site, helps me out a lot.
  • Posted: June 8, 2008 11:11:39 pm
  • Ive been putting this off long 'enuff.
    Hi.
    My name is Danny and Live in Kansas City.
    Ive been registered for the site since around Oct. of last year. I mainly came here for the price guide as I like this site compared to CPG's site for entering in my collection, but i still used thier forums. Do to personal feelings about some of the members over on the CPG boards im looking into other forums to post on................I looked at Newsarama and CBR...but those just feel waaaaaaaaaaaaay too big..ive always liked a smaller community...ive been trolling the boards for a little while since registering and think I would be a good fit here........I hope....

Anyway...a little history....I collect mainly Marvel..but due to some good story telling recently over at DC Ive picked up on some of thier books...most noteworthy GL and the Batman (morrison run: which i run hot and cold on) ......and I am hit or miss on Independent stuff...but im not totally closed to it. I quit collecting back in the late 90s right around the Clone Saga....kinda strange how many people i run into that say that.....or the Holofoil Age as i refer to it.
    Within the last 2 years i started collecting again and within the last year have gotten serious again.....its a good time to be a comic book fan.

Aside from the companies that i collect, I collect SA, BA, and modern...but i am a huge fan of the BA horror comics from the big 2 (Tomb of Dracula is in my top 10), and BA comics in general. I am also a very big Spider-man fan and am working on a full runs of ASM, Ultimate, Spectacular, Web, ect........even the ones i skipped out on in the 90s....guess i should have never quit... Very Happy .....i collect a little bit of everything though.

Oh and also i am a rabid Mark Bagley Fan....i have collected just about everything hes done work on from Marvels Visionaries to his current work on Trinity.....i have just really like his artwork ever since he started his run on ASM.

Anyway looking forward to posting....and hopefully being a contributing member.

Last edited June 8, 2008 11:13:57 pm
371 posts • Page 1 of 38
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 246 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Workman Publishing's Here I Am, I Am Me: An Illustrated Guide to Mental Health Hard Cover # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Resurrection of Magneto Issue # 4c
  • Comic Art Publishers's Steve Canyon Soft Cover # 4
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine: First Class Issue # 3b