feature requests

New Member introductions (Comic Book Forums)

• New Member introductions

Author Discussion
  • Posted: November 13, 2005 7:01:12 am
  • Hey everybody,

Since I don't see any other threads dedicated to this, MY names ryan and i'm glad to meet you...
    :-D
  • Posted: December 7, 2005 9:10:04 pm
  • Hey everybody

My Name's Ed

Ryan it's nice to meet you. i've been keeping up with your infinite crisis list on the dc board.

you mentioned this site so i came over to look and love it. yep.

as i am working on getting all of the valiant comics, it will take me awile to get even most of the comics on that huge ever growing list. i am dividing my money between the two. Very Happy

i don't read any marvel books (actually the only marvel i have bought in years is the garth ennis and clayton crain Ghost Rider mini which i have been waiting on for years, lol). not that i could afford to anyway, considering the size of the house of m. i am such a nutcase about things like that. i would have to get every issue before i even started reading it.

anyway, didn't mean to start rambling.

it's nice meeting you. Very Happy
    Our deceit has produced a deception. Now the only solution is to destroy the truth.
  • Posted: December 12, 2005 4:11:29 am
  • Hey Ed, nice to meet you!

I've actually been neglecting the I.C. list as of late because pitching in covers on this site has been taking the bulk of my internet time.

I read any label! I used to be a Marvel Zombie that followed a couple books from a few other labels (Dark Horse, Eclipse, Image etc.), but since I.C. I've added DC to my list & it's starting to dominate my collection!
    :smt023
  • Posted: December 15, 2005 7:29:27 pm
  • i'm casey, it's good to meet everyone.
    i'm kind of new to this, just decided to start looking in to all my old comics (mostly spiderman from the early to mid 90s). Hopefully I'll learn something here.
  • Posted: January 25, 2006 3:13:31 pm
  • Howdy long time collector, been out of it for a few years still have quite a few Very Happy Darrin from Des Moines,
    Darrin Niday
    Des Moines, IA
  • Posted: February 10, 2006 8:39:52 am
  • Pleasure to meet you both crsifers and nirrad

Hope to see you both on the board!
  • Posted: June 1, 2006 1:27:03 am
  • Hey everyone, I'm josh.

I started reading my younger brother's batman books in the early 90's and got hooked. I committed myself to collecting trades and a few Marvel titles (FF, Gen X, and Excalibur). I got out of collecting while in college, but I became friends with a casual collector when I graduated, and pretty much all of my discretionary income goes towards comics now. I was fortunate to stumble on a store that was liquidating their inventory, and I expanded my pallete a little bit beyond DC and marvel. Our library has a great stock of TPB's, so I opened my eyes a lot more to anything by alan moore and kurt busiek. I feel a lot like those guys who "Discovered" bands like led zepellin and the rolling stones while in college. All this great stuff has been sitting there for so long, and I'm just finding it now.

Rolling Eyes That went on too long. See you all at the forum!
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: June 4, 2006 8:46:47 pm
  • Welcome to MCP, Pleasure to meet you! Smile
  • Posted: June 9, 2006 5:59:35 pm
  • My names john. Nice to meet everyone.

i mostly collect spider-man. have most all books except many of the amazing 1-100 issues (had to collect those as marvel tales). do pick up some other titles here and there but try to limit what i collect (wife doesn't exactly understand my habit, but i have fun collecting).
  • Posted: June 10, 2006 8:33:32 am
  • John have you seen this site?

http://samruby.com/title.htm
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
371 posts • Page 1 of 38
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Batman: Off-World Issue # 4b
  • Image Comics's Kid Cudi Presents: Moon Man Issue # 2c
  • Seven Seas Entertainment's Reincarnated as a Sword Soft Cover # 12
  • Marvel Comics's The Invincible Iron Man Issue # 17b