feature requests

What is the best thing to use to kill ants? (Comic Book Forums)

• What is the best thing to use to kill ants?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 1, 2012 4:21:42 am
  • Every year in the spring we get ants really bad. I try to buy the Raid and they laugh at it. I actually had a guy come out every month for like 6 months to spray thinking that would help and it did not. Anyone have some really unique ideas on how to eliminate ants?

Recently tried a dryer sheet laying on the floor (I know sounds stupid but I am willing to try anything), Tried Borax Detergent with white sugar on top (Was told they would carry it back to the farm and it would kill everyone) I think it keeps they away in general but the ants seem to just walk around my trap.
  • Posted: March 1, 2012 8:29:23 am
  • I use the home defense stuff: http://www.orthohomedefense.com/
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: March 1, 2012 9:35:31 am

Just kidding...Laughing

Bug bombs seem to work nicely; make sure you cover up any appliances (TV, computer, stereo, and of course, comics) if using that method...
    Pick-ups this month
    ?

On the way...
    The Avengers (Vol. 1) #58
    Silver Surfer (Vol. 1) #2
    Crisis on Infinite Earths DC/Wal-Mart 100-pg Giant

Submitted/Back from CGC...
    ?

• Posted: March 1, 2012 9:44:59 am
  • We had the same problem. But went with a different pest control service about 8 yes ago. They spray quarterly and on request if I see bugs. No problems since. If you have a service and still have ants, you need a different service.
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: March 1, 2012 10:30:11 am
  • dough boy said:
    I use the home defense stuff: http://www.orthohomedefense.com/

Where do you purchase this from and what is the approx cost?
  • Posted: March 1, 2012 10:39:08 am
  • I think I saw the Ortho stuff at Walmart.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: March 1, 2012 10:53:19 am
  • I will check it out for sure. These things are driving me batty plus having a 2 year old that makes messes and such does not help. I think they built this home on an ant farm. I know the weather is partly to blame but I am ready tear down the house and dose their farm with something that will put an end to them.

• Posted: March 2, 2012 3:40:43 pm
  • Before you get anything, make sure it's kid safe for your 2 year old, Same goes for pets if you have any.
  • Posted: March 2, 2012 9:36:10 pm
  • Good point. Kids I am concerned about pets no (kidding) Smile

The stuff I bought originally does not even kill ants little lone kids.
  • Posted: March 3, 2012 2:04:49 am
  • I use Terra ant traps. They work phenomenally.
    Don of the D.E.DImage
  • Posted: March 3, 2012 12:08:29 pm
  • Believe it or not. There is an artificial sweetener. I use it to kill off the ant in my patio. and it works. Cannot remember which brand it was Sucrose i think

tt
    You build your collection one book at a time and day by day it seem to stay the same. Then one day KA BLAM it gotten out of control. Thanks mom I love you.

" I'm not insane, my mom had me tested." Sheldon BIG BANG THEORY
    " Holy on a CRACKER" Pennie BIG BANG THEORY

http://www.comixcon.com/
    http://www.kenmore-komics.com/
12 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Square Enix Manga's Otherside Picnic Soft Cover # 9
  • Hero Tomorrow Comics's Punchline and the Vaude-Villains Issue # 1-2nd print
  • Oni Press's Rick And Morty Presents: Finals Week Brawlher Issue # 1
  • Absolute Comics Group's White Widow Issue # 4acme-b