feature requests

Comments on the new The Thing movie? (Comic Book Forums)

• Comments on the new The Thing movie?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 26, 2011 10:22:57 am
  • One movie fan friend recommended it. Planning on catching it tonight maybe.
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: October 28, 2011 10:55:11 am
  • OK. Caught the movie at mountain theatre. Only me and brother in law in theatre.

Enjoyed it. Turns out to be a prequel to the John Carpenter film, albeit with a number of inconsistencies. IMHO the Carpenter version was much better.
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: October 29, 2011 5:53:04 am
  • Thanks for the heads up mate. I'll catch it whenever it arrives here.

I love the Carpenter film; I never get tired of watching it. About the only thing I can watch with a straight face that has Kurt Russell in it.
    I read Empire film magazine occasionally so I knew it was a prequel - which I must confess made me more excited because I hate straight up remakes of perfectly good films.

now I'm kinda keen to see these inconsistencies!
    'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.'
  • Posted: October 29, 2011 12:26:05 pm
  • I can't wait to see it. I heard it was pretty good. I hope the special affets are awesome.
    Don of the D.E.DImage
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 69 years, 224 days, 4 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • D.C. Thomson & Co.'s Commando: For Action and Adventure Issue # 5682
  • Adam Yeater's Purr Issue bootleg
  • IDW Publishing's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Issue # 143b
  • DynaPubs Enterprises's The Buyer's Guide for Comic Fandom Issue # 304