feature requests

How many times a week do you eat at home? (Comic Book Forums)

• How many times a week do you eat at home?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 4, 2011 1:58:53 am
  • I thought about asking how often people at out but I think it would be more interesting to see how many people eat at home.
  • Posted: October 4, 2011 10:14:29 am
  • At home mostly. Maybe 2-3 times a week eating out such as Date Night (if you are married I highly suggest you plan this regularly Shame on you ), Wednesday dinner at church (no dishes after!) and about once a week with friends.
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: October 4, 2011 10:57:49 am
  • HMM well I just need to find a church and some friends and I will be set then. Date night is rough with little ones.

I think we eat out WAY too much. That is a main place where our money goes I believe. I will admit sometimes or a lot of times eating out is cheaper than eating at home.
  • Posted: October 4, 2011 2:17:16 pm
  • i will eat at home every night. I cannot afford to eat out. I take my son to McDonalds once a week after Church for lunch on Sundays. and that sometimes runs over $20.

Spa-fon said:
    Wednesday dinner at church (no dishes after!) .

I eat out once a month the third Wednesday of the month when my church but on a community dinner, but i usually end up doing the dishes

Last edited October 4, 2011 2:21:03 pm
    You build your collection one book at a time and day by day it seem to stay the same. Then one day KA BLAM it gotten out of control. Thanks mom I love you.

" I'm not insane, my mom had me tested." Sheldon BIG BANG THEORY
    " Holy on a CRACKER" Pennie BIG BANG THEORY

http://www.comixcon.com/
    http://www.kenmore-komics.com/
  • Posted: October 4, 2011 3:14:37 pm
  • Could you give my wife some lessons in controlling food cravings?

Good job on your self control I hope you rub off on me.
  • Posted: October 4, 2011 9:25:43 pm
  • SilentAssassin said:
    HMM well I just need to find a church and some friends and I will be set then. Date night is rough with little ones.

I think we eat out WAY too much. That is a main place where our money goes I believe. I will admit sometimes or a lot of times eating out is cheaper than eating at home.

When we had 3 little ones, ages 1 to 8 in Wisconsin, we found a sitter's co-op. You babysit someone's kids and got 1 ticket per child per hour "credit", which you could then use to "pay" a babysitter. Since we had 3, we had to work to build up credits. But a date night is important, especially with little ones! And date night does not have to be an expensive dinner. Sometimes we just took sandwiches to a lake or park - cost minimal, impact max.

And I disagree. The vast majority of time eating out is much more than eating at home. Just watch where you can cut costs, like making big meals (like spaggetti or beef stew) and freeze a couple meals. My daughter and grand-daughter lived with us for several years when she went to nursing school. The little one loved McD's double cheesburgers and always wanted to go there for that. I would watch for a 2 for $2.00 special, and buy like 20 of them (PLAIN just meat & cheese) and freeze them. Microwave and add mustard/ketchup and there you go! Not $4 for a meal.

The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: October 4, 2011 9:37:06 pm
  • I never thought of buying them and then freezing them, that is a great idea actually.

I like the idea of building up credits for a babysitter that is very creative.
  • Posted: October 4, 2011 9:39:06 pm
  • We eat at home most nights. Going out for dinner is pretty rare, but we order take out maybe once a month........ I'd say we eat out once every 2 months on average............

We go out for lunch at least once a week though......... normally Saturdays.
    Currently Reading:
    Graphic Novels: Nightwing (90s series), Lumberjanes
    Regular Novels: Chronicles of Prydain

Add me on Goodreads
  • Posted: October 4, 2011 9:42:24 pm
  • We watch for coupons in the weekly mailers but I sure wish we would hardly ever eat out. Lunch is a nice thing to do once in a while. Usually when we have a big lunch and usually late we will not typically have dinner so some days that works out good.

I always try to cash in on the coupons but I wish I could throw the money we would spend based on where we want to go into a savings account.
  • Posted: October 5, 2011 6:59:16 am
  • SilentAssassin said:
    Could you give my wife some lessons in controlling food cravings?

Good job on your self control I hope you rub off on me.

Dont have a wife, never married. My sons mother walk out of his life when he was 21 months old.

tt

Last edited October 5, 2011 7:01:15 am
    You build your collection one book at a time and day by day it seem to stay the same. Then one day KA BLAM it gotten out of control. Thanks mom I love you.

" I'm not insane, my mom had me tested." Sheldon BIG BANG THEORY
    " Holy on a CRACKER" Pennie BIG BANG THEORY

http://www.comixcon.com/
    http://www.kenmore-komics.com/
13 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Cable & Deadpool Issue # 13
  • Coldfact Comic Group's Coldfact Comics Issue # 34
  • Dark Horse Comics's Masterpiece Issue # 4
  • SelfMadeHero's Ruins TPB # 1