feature requests

Childhood favorite toys (Comic Book Forums)

• Childhood favorite toys

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 20, 2012 1:59:19 pm
  • Just started a new thread for pics of the set. Havin a blast so far, enough fun that I totally managed to forget about the cost. I will say, however, that it is scratching that lego itch, and I dont at this point have a desire to finish it and immediately start another (not that im even close to done at this point). I forgot how much legos make your fingers hurt.

Also, Im happy to report that the GF, after seeing all the pieces, said "Ok, if you actually manage to put that together, it will look kindof cool, and you can display it for a couple of weeks". That is by far the much more approval than I ever could have expected.
  • Posted: August 20, 2012 7:40:10 pm
  • It took a long time to get approval from my wife but she finally came around a little. She started really coming around when she started to get into Grim Fairy Tales Alice which I have to say I very much enjoy looking at the covers and sometimes forget there is a story inside of it LOL. At least she is into something like what I like. The only issue with Grimm is she wants all the variants and I have to say it is worse than ASM if that is possible. So she has started this owl kick so everytime she gets a bunch of owl stuff I get another variant and it works out Smile

So far so good though I know it is hard to get GF or Wife approval. Now I am trying to get her to go to SDCC with me dressed as a sexy Alice!
  • Posted: August 20, 2012 9:38:17 pm
  • Yeah, Grimm goes nuts with the alternative covers. I really like the stories though, so far I've really been enjoyin em. I dont think Ill ever get the GF to go to a convention with me though. thatll never happen.
  • Posted: August 20, 2012 10:00:22 pm
  • Well she is open to going its just the kids part for us. It would be ok for my 3 year old but my 9 month old is well no where near where we need him to be yet. Its always nice when they turn one no more formula and no more bottles a HUGE step in the right direction. So many changes comes in the 2nd year so here we go! Back to the CON well I think she should go dressed as Super Girl. Just my two cents. ..... You should get her to go to SDCC I bet if you go for a day or two and spend the rest of the time on the beach who could resist that??
  • Posted: August 21, 2012 8:59:14 am
  • Hahaha, the beach is the bane of her existence. Shes not a fan of swimming at all. She does have friends out that way though, so I bet I could convince her to go with me for that reason. Then we would just have to figure out what to do with the Beagle. She has separation anxiety issues, so its hard for us to leave her with someone for a trip.
  • Posted: August 21, 2012 11:37:02 am
  • Give the GF a happy pill and she will not be so upset by being separated!

I would so move from here to go to the beach in a heart beat but I have some obligations keeping me here (daughter) but only for YIKES 7 years and 4 months. Its not like I am counting down or anything.

• Posted: August 22, 2012 9:32:33 am
  • hahahaha
  • Posted: December 6, 2012 7:44:57 am
  • 37Jumper said:
    My favorite toys were G. I. Joes, I had all of destro's Iron greniders vehicles and figures they just looked badass can't remember the name of it but there was a tank where the tracks on the outside then could be positioned underneath the tank and raise it up, it also had a small aircraft on top of it. sadly I don't have any of my childhood toys anymore, but my older brother has a ton of them. mainly joes and transformers.

I believe you are talking about the D.E.M.O.N.

G.I. Joe was my all time favorite. By the time I sold my collection I had 300+ figures and over 30 vehicles. When I sold it on Ebay the person that won the auction said that a lot of it was going into a G.I. Joe museum. He said that you get to watch the movie (back then it was the animated film) and then go on a tour of the place. It sounded pretty awesome but I don't know if they ever got it going or not.
    "You will soon see the distinct advantages of having no scruples whatsoever!" - Cobra Commander
  • Posted: August 20, 2015 11:22:34 am
  • The Strange Change Machine -- a 1960s Mattel toy in which you heated up plastic dinosaurs and other creatures in order to crush them down into Starburst-like blocks or heated up the blocks in order to reconstitute the creature. I had two of them, but both are long gone Sad

Last edited August 20, 2015 11:23:03 am
  • Posted: September 5, 2015 1:37:13 am
  • I had one toy car.
60 posts • Page 1 of 6
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Image Comics's Feral Issue # 1e
  • Harry N. Abrams Books's Here Comes Charlie Brown! A Peanuts Pop-Up Hard Cover # 1
  • Rebellion's Judge Dredd Megazine Issue # 466
  • DC Comics's Poison Ivy Issue # 21krs-a