feature requests

Childhood favorite toys (Comic Book Forums)

• Childhood favorite toys

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 2, 2012 7:56:53 am
  • Of course MEGO, had alot of the superhero's and Planet of the Apes and Star Trek. The original GI Joe's with the real hair. The old star wars action figures and don't know if anybody had these but played the out of them the old Johnny West action figures.
    Latest additions
    Avengers #31, #46, #99, #145-159, #161-164, #197, #200, Annual #6
    Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos #7
    Forbidden Worlds #76
    Strange Tales #118, #124, #133, #139, #140
    Journey Into Mystery #125
  • Posted: June 3, 2012 10:09:55 am
  • LEGOS. Legos beat out just about everything else in creativity and design. Also wouldn't turn down any trading card game cards. Always loved to collect.
  • Posted: June 4, 2012 10:33:58 am
  • Lego has to be the top, I used to love the old Pirate ships.
    I also used to have an absolute tonne of Star Wars and Batman action figures - goodness knows where they are these days. Oh and I used to have decent collection of aussie football cards
    'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.'
  • Posted: June 27, 2012 8:28:45 am
  • I loved building model cars in the 70's. I have to admit I love cars more than comics.
  • Posted: July 2, 2012 1:17:05 pm
  • Real life hotwheels.

Last edited July 2, 2012 1:23:24 pm
  • Posted: July 2, 2012 2:45:52 pm
  • I miss the old school space lego sets. They were awesome. Nowadays they just dont make good lego sets, its like they lost all their creativity (not unlike the big comic book publishers, as a matter of fact). Somewhere on the forums, however, was a thread that pointed me towards an old school lego trading post, so whoever started that, thanks. I bookmarked the sites and will start buyin awesome legos for my girlfriend's neice/nephew (theyre twins), soon.

That is, if i can tear the damned kids away from their I-pads long enough to play with somethin in the real world.
  • Posted: July 6, 2012 7:50:15 pm
  • hotwheels
  • Posted: July 6, 2012 8:24:46 pm
  • now that a Burger in your hands!

Did you eat it all?

I for one am tired of going to Toys R Us and seeing all the same they had when I grew up. Its boring.
  • Posted: July 9, 2012 8:27:20 am
  • Love the Legos and the hot wheels. I also had the GI joes (the full size) not the little action figures. Speaking of Hot wheels (this goes back to the 70's), Thundershift 500!! I was also big on the TCR (total control racing). That was the first slot car track that I saw where you could switch lanes. Hours of fun!
  • Posted: July 10, 2012 11:12:58 am
  • beside the legos i also had a toy HO train set that i would set up and take apart about every other weekend i the only reason i bring this up is i found my old train set in my moms basement last week and now i want to set it up and play with it.

cheers
    t
    t

Last edited July 10, 2012 11:13:08 am
    You build your collection one book at a time and day by day it seem to stay the same. Then one day KA BLAM it gotten out of control. Thanks mom I love you.

" I'm not insane, my mom had me tested." Sheldon BIG BANG THEORY
    " Holy on a CRACKER" Pennie BIG BANG THEORY

http://www.comixcon.com/
    http://www.kenmore-komics.com/
60 posts • Page 1 of 6
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Sofawolf Press's Heat Soft Cover # 3
  • Oni Press's Invasive Issue # 4
  • Dark Horse Comics's Masterpiece Issue # 4b
  • Dark Horse Comics's Tomahawk Angel TPB # 2