feature requests

Why does the UK have this and we don't? (Comic Book Forums)

• Why does the UK have this and we don't?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 27, 2011 10:28:45 am
  • SilentAssassin said:
    Thanks for bursting my bubble. I have ambitions and dreams I can fulfill once I stop killing myself with stupid mistakes.

Smile

Didnt mean to bust your bubble but I live here and cant afford to live here! lol
  • Posted: September 27, 2011 11:01:26 am
  • Housing is super cheap in Indy but the jobs pay super less. I am sure I would be able to afford it once I get the house paid off but you know how that goes.
  • Posted: September 27, 2011 11:02:36 am
  • SilentAssassin said:
    Housing is super cheap in Indy but the jobs pay super less. I am sure I would be able to afford it once I get the house paid off but you know how that goes.

Please if it is anything like me I still have 17years to pay mine off! UGH
  • Posted: September 27, 2011 11:20:09 am
  • raz68 said:
    SilentAssassin said:
    Housing is super cheap in Indy but the jobs pay super less. I am sure I would be able to afford it once I get the house paid off but you know how that goes.

Please if it is anything like me I still have 17years to pay mine off! UGH

25 and a couple months but I am thinking of a refi once I get back on my feet. Perhaps sell and move into a bigger place and put enough down to avoid the dreaded PMI or enough where I will not have to pay it for more than a few years.

I wish I could totally eliminate that bill.
  • Posted: September 27, 2011 11:23:54 am
  • Taxes kill me here in NY....eliminating the mortgage would help though
  • Posted: September 27, 2011 11:36:55 am
  • raz68 said:
    Taxes kill me here in NY....eliminating the mortgage would help though

What is your tax rate? Our is 7% because of the Colts but if not for the Colts it would be something else I am sure. What kills me and I LOVE the Colts but why don;t thye raise my taxes for education or creating jobs or something why do it for the sports?
  • Posted: September 27, 2011 12:19:46 pm
  • SilentAssassin said:
    raz68 said:
    Taxes kill me here in NY....eliminating the mortgage would help though

What is your tax rate? Our is 7% because of the Colts but if not for the Colts it would be something else I am sure. What kills me and I LOVE the Colts but why don;t thye raise my taxes for education or creating jobs or something why do it for the sports?
    our sales tax is 8.25% which is bad enough BUT I am talking about property and school taxes! I pay 15K annually for those....
  • Posted: September 27, 2011 12:20:48 pm
  • and....my house is 60yo about 2k sq ft. on a 50x100 lot not large by any means.
  • Posted: September 27, 2011 12:43:23 pm
  • raz68 said:
    and....my house is 60yo about 2k sq ft. on a 50x100 lot not large by any means.

I live in an area in Indy that has the 2nd highest taxes in part because they do not have a lot of business to tax so the homeowners have to pay out the nose. Mine could be worse but it is not too terrible. I have a 1390 sq on slab ranch 3 bed 2 bath.

We have been looking at other places but you have to get a bid on the one you got and be pre approved before you can really go shopping. Plus I have to get my affairs in order. We are expecting another kid in days/weeks so that will be our 2nd and my 3rd. My 1 child is from a former and not a full time live in so we will be needing more room so I go back and forth about keeping and managing or selling and getting something else. I wish someone else would make the decision for me.
  • Posted: September 27, 2011 12:46:28 pm
  • SilentAssassin said:
    raz68 said:
    and....my house is 60yo about 2k sq ft. on a 50x100 lot not large by any means.

I live in an area in Indy that has the 2nd highest taxes in part because they do not have a lot of business to tax so the homeowners have to pay out the nose. Mine could be worse but it is not too terrible. I have a 1390 sq on slab ranch 3 bed 2 bath.

We have been looking at other places but you have to get a bid on the one you got and be pre approved before you can really go shopping. Plus I have to get my affairs in order. We are expecting another kid in days/weeks so that will be our 2nd and my 3rd. My 1 child is from a former and not a full time live in so we will be needing more room so I go back and forth about keeping and managing or selling and getting something else. I wish someone else would make the decision for me.

Congrats on the new one! We have been looking to move on and move up as well in to CT you get so much more for your money and taxes are like 1/3 of what we pay BUT like you said you have to sell what you got and that isnt easy these days!
25 posts • Page 1 of 3
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 133 days, 16 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Birds of Prey Issue # 7f
  • Marvel Comics's Marvel Comics Presents Issue # 121
  • Marvel Comics's Newuniversal Issue # 4
  • Marvel Comics's Rogue Issue # 10b