feature requests

oooops (Comic Book Forums)

• oooops

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 24, 2011 11:00:18 pm
  • layed my next 2 issues of HellBlazer out to read on my chair and forgot about them. 10 minutes later i'm sitting on them.

haha i know they arent valuable but still that seriously sucks.
  • Posted: July 25, 2011 11:51:08 am
  • Well, I hope they were at least comfortable.
  • Posted: August 18, 2011 5:51:52 pm
  • . And a painful lesson i learned is tape is Evil or Very Mad

I was looking and reading a couple of my older books Strange Tales 120 to be exact and i took the tape off the bag a stuck it to the side of the bag to reuse. removed the comic and read it and then proceed to set said comic on the table...... on top of the bag and board....ARRRGGGGHHHH. d'oh! i went to pick up the comic to rebag it and to my great displeasure and dismay the bag came with it.Mad the tape has stuck itself to the back cover of the book. After a few cuss word and Brick walland jumping up and down, i painfully tried to remove the tape. i got most of it off without damage but not all. That @#$%@#% tape remove a small portion of the back cover from which there is no fixing or repair. I dont know why i wanted to save the tape because normally i just cut it and use a new piece to reseal the bag. i did the exact same thing years ago which lead me to cutting the tape. Brick wall

For all you out there. DONT SAVE THE TAPE USE A NEW PIECE. throw the removed tape in the garbage before removing the comic to read. Dont do what i just did.

Crying or Very sad
    Crying or Very sad

Last edited August 18, 2011 5:52:21 pm
    You build your collection one book at a time and day by day it seem to stay the same. Then one day KA BLAM it gotten out of control. Thanks mom I love you.

" I'm not insane, my mom had me tested." Sheldon BIG BANG THEORY
    " Holy on a CRACKER" Pennie BIG BANG THEORY

http://www.comixcon.com/
    http://www.kenmore-komics.com/
  • Posted: August 19, 2011 6:19:49 pm
  • I don't take the tape off, I just open the bag, use my hand to protect the comic from hitting the tape on the way out, then do the same putting it back in.

With that said, I have done that before with the tape .... it sucks.
  • Posted: August 21, 2011 7:09:59 am
  • What I've found works is, when opening the bag, to fold the flap so that the tape is now stuck to the front of the bag instead of the back. This makes it easy to get the comic in and out of the bag without worrying about the tape. Also, unless the tape unsticks itself from the front of the bag, you wont have to worry about the tape getting on to the comic if you accidentally set it down on the bag.

It wont help if you end up sitting on your comics, though . . .
  • Posted: August 26, 2011 7:24:17 am
  • I did the tape thing to to a 6.0 ASM #91 that I just got off Ebay. Went to inspect its contents and the top of the bag curled in and snagged it and tore the color off. Needless to say, I'm hunting for another. Brick wall
  • Posted: January 23, 2012 5:38:19 pm
  • Once I forgot that I put dubel sided tape on mine and riped the cover off not knowing what I did!!
    The Phantom
    The Ghoust Who Walks
    Man Who Can Not Die
    Guardian Of The Eastern Dark
  • Posted: January 24, 2012 12:54:44 am
  • I never trust myself anymore I ruined a great copy of ASM 87, at the time I just bought a TON of ASM as I was getting back into ASM and at that moment I rushed to the comic shop and bought the self adhesive bags. Never again will that happen to me. I bag all comics in those its totally worth the ext buck or so for the begs with the adhesive.

I am way to irresponsible with the tape. When I started collecting comics folding the tape over to the front was the way I was taught but no never again.
  • Posted: January 24, 2012 8:58:49 am
  • Ouch! I use a specific brand of tape that seems not to yellow and harden with age, and is easy to lift off the bag to open it. I just found that often the stickyness of the self sealing bags seems to stick.
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: January 24, 2012 9:04:30 am
  • I have had a couple stick but they come right off with no damage. Of course the longer the surface of the comic is exposed to the adhesive it becomes a little bit more urgent to get the comic separated from the plastic.
22 posts • Page 1 of 3
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 68 years, 79 days, 21 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Deadpool Issue # 7c
  • Tetrahedron Graphics's Fudgong Funnies Issue # 1
  • IDW Publishing's Star Trek: Defiant Issue # 4b
  • Marvel Comics's X-Men Issue # 23illum-a